Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 322213 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1335 on: June 05, 2023, 10:46:45 AM »

Hope this is an acceptable place for bug reports- the Academy Ruins Data Recovery mission can send you to Gas Giants, that contain ruins.
Scattered, sinking buoyant platforms dot the clouds of $planet, perchance holding last caches of valuable materials.
A tiny bug, but a bug none-the-less.

Thank you, fixed! Was only an issue for "scattered" ruins :)

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 05, 2023, 12:52:01 PM »

(Especially being the daughter of a VIP of an "explorer's guild".)

(One might easily imagine how an explorer is much more aware of all the dangers that are out there and takes pains to shelter their children from it...)

(Is much more aware of all the dangers that are out there, and sends the daughter to Kanta's Den. I really do like your sense of humor. :D )

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 05, 2023, 07:10:19 PM »

good to know. whelp gonna use these guys a massive meatshields.
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 07, 2023, 11:52:50 AM »

I'm in the main quest, found the Hamasu (Venture), but it only had D-mods (3 of them) but no S-Mod. Is it intended? I thought its engines had some modifications and is the best and favourite ship from the lady on Arcadia, which doesn't really fit with the garbage ship I found in-game. Or is it supposed to show the effect of radiation on the ship?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: June 07, 2023, 12:04:32 PM »

I'm in the main quest, found the Hamasu (Venture), but it only had D-mods (3 of them) but no S-Mod. Is it intended? I thought its engines had some modifications and is the best and favourite ship from the lady on Arcadia, which doesn't really fit with the garbage ship I found in-game. Or is it supposed to show the effect of radiation on the ship?
The modifications gives the ship the ability to transverse jump. You know, the ability you have to have to find the ship in the first place.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 10, 2023, 07:59:18 AM »

Uh i just encountered this... this ship was registered as a blip until it got close and it turned into a wolf frigate. Ghost ships are real, you cannot change my mind.
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 10, 2023, 09:58:32 AM »

For all the foreshadowing, such ghost ships are a letdown.  The end result is yet another derelict ship to recover or scrap.  I encountered another one yesterday.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 10, 2023, 07:42:14 PM »

Did these ghost ships ever go beyond the size of a legion? would be a whole lot better that it would be ships from the XIV as they could really give more of a mysterious vibe into it or would be very nice if there was a person still onboard the ship and they would ask us to find the rest of his flotilla.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 11, 2023, 09:52:53 AM »

Did these ghost ships ever go beyond the size of a legion? would be a whole lot better that it would be ships from the XIV as they could really give more of a mysterious vibe into it or would be very nice if there was a person still onboard the ship and they would ask us to find the rest of his flotilla.

Maaaaan such a good idea. Flying Dutchman of the XIVth.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 16, 2023, 08:53:02 AM »

Uh I found a bug. I have an SO scarab that somehow was able to push my flameout onslaught like it was nothing... isn't it strange that a small frigate was able to push something that big?

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: June 16, 2023, 09:00:18 PM »

Uh I found a bug. I have an SO scarab that somehow was able to push my flameout onslaught like it was nothing... isn't it strange that a small frigate was able to push something that big?
The physics breaks a little during flameouts. Most notable is that because your acceleration is turned off, you don't slow down even if you are above your max speed but other odd things can happen sometimes.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 17, 2023, 11:52:18 PM »

right and we are in space so yeah able to something that big could make sense.

tjbqr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 25, 2023, 01:41:31 PM »

• Fixed issue with contacts gained in relation to certain mission not having any tags (and so not giving any missions), fix only applies in a new game
Started a new game but contact Wrestling Sedge is still not giving any work. Was this bugfix referring to some other mission?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 25, 2023, 03:04:46 PM »

It was indeed, thank you - fixed this one up, too!

Kat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 26, 2023, 04:18:57 AM »

I'm enjoying the new bits of story that I'm encountering.

Really liked the story of Sentinel, and the people there.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 99