Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 321546 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1230 on: May 22, 2023, 09:07:05 AM »

If you look in the CBDeserter class, you can see how that's set up. Looks like for a difficulty 10 bounty it's:

size = FleetSize.MAXIMUM;
quality = FleetQuality.HIGHER;
oQuality = OfficerQuality.HIGHER;
oNum = OfficerNum.MORE;

So still based off the doctrine, to some degree, but better.

Marco_Paulo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 22, 2023, 09:38:06 AM »

Noticed a few things, not sure if intentional:

- The special Sindrian Diktat weapons show up in ruins in the outer rim in large quantities. I think I read that they were recently invented.

- If the player finds the ISS Hamatsu early, before meeting Callisto Ibrahim, the mission log updates with returning it to her for a payout, and mentions that she has an emotional attachment to it.

- More severely, this mission will be broken - the player will be unable to make the exchange. An exclamation point will be next to her comm entry, but no dialogue option will appear.

- I'm not sure if this is due to the recent changes to make sure tithing is offered regardless of faction relationship, but Luddic Path fleets will threaten the player with death upon accepting communications, even if relationship is at 100 percent. They won't attack, though, so this only happens if the player comes over to talk to them.

Also, not a bug but something I like: The new unique faction descriptions at different relationship levels are really cool, especially how they respond to things in the story.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 22, 2023, 10:49:14 AM »

Thank you, made some notes!

- The special Sindrian Diktat weapons show up in ruins in the outer rim in large quantities. I think I read that they were recently invented.

Hmm - are you on -RC10? This is supposed to be fixed there.

Also, not a bug but something I like: The new unique faction descriptions at different relationship levels are really cool, especially how they respond to things in the story.

Excellent :D

Rain

• Ensign
  • Burn bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 22, 2023, 11:31:49 AM »

... Should I be worried..? This feels very ominous.
Spoiler

[close]

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 22, 2023, 12:12:10 PM »

- If the player finds the ISS Hamatsu early, before meeting Callisto Ibrahim, the mission log updates with returning it to her for a payout, and mentions that she has an emotional attachment to it.
Callisto Ibrahim is, I think, moderately famous in the Persean sector, as basically an independent space trucker who did good enough at the job to parley it into ruling a planet. Especially she should be famous among independent captains, i. e. the PC.

That the ship she used for that was hers and that she'll probably want it back seems reasonable for the PC to know even if they don't have a mission from her to recover it.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 22, 2023, 12:17:39 PM »

Callisto Ibrahim is, I think, moderately famous in the Persean sector, as basically an independent space trucker who did good enough at the job to parley it into ruling a planet. Especially she should be famous among independent captains, i. e. the PC.
Assuming she is the administrator of the entire planet, and not just the person in charge of the port you docked to (since most often the first person in the contact list is a portmaster, base commander or station commander), then she probably holds a high position in the Ko Combine. I would expect the planet administrator to be a post separate from the CEO, though.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 22, 2023, 12:25:36 PM »

Could also just be you looking up the ship's VIN on the TriWeb (local copy) and seeing that there's a wanted notice on it.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 22, 2023, 12:26:18 PM »

Hamatsu can simply have the name of its owner and their address written down somewhere on the bridge. The player doesn't have to know Ibrahim beforehand.

edit: ninja'd

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 22, 2023, 12:48:42 PM »

Assuming she is the administrator of the entire planet, and not just the person in charge of the port you docked to
Her official rank is "Entrepreneur," but she's the one who pops up on the Administrator slot if you open Agreus' planetary data, yes.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 22, 2023, 01:01:55 PM »

Her official rank is "Entrepreneur," but she's the one who pops up on the Administrator slot if you open Agreus' planetary data, yes.
You can also dock to many other planets and not see any administrator, but "base commanders", "station commanders" or "portmasters".

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 22, 2023, 01:07:45 PM »

You can also dock to many other planets and not see any administrator, but "base commanders", "station commanders" or "portmasters".
Conveniently, we know that Callisto isn't Agreus' port commander (on account of it already having one), station commander (on account of not being a station), or base commander (on account of not having a military base).

There's also a separate quartermaster, so we know she's not that, either.

Is there any particular reason you're so opposed to her being the planetary administrator?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:00:30 PM by Candesce »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 22, 2023, 01:46:27 PM »

Nevermind, they are just further down the contact screen. Except for Ancyra, which has only the station commander, for whatever reason.

Zaizai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 22, 2023, 02:59:13 PM »

I noticed a weird bug with AI piloted invictus (aggressive), they stand at max range, they activate the lidar array, shoot 1 time, then back off while the lidar array is off instead of shooting...once it's on cooldown they start getting really close. 
maybe make it so once the lidar array is active they just don't back down for no reason?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:01:40 PM by Zaizai »

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 22, 2023, 03:55:57 PM »

Guys i think the problem is that giving the Hamatsu back is bugged not a lore thing.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:58:10 PM by Doctorhealsgood »
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

Marco_Paulo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 22, 2023, 04:25:38 PM »

Hmm - are you on -RC10? This is supposed to be fixed there.

Had a look - I'm on the right version, but the issue was spotted in an old save. Apologies for the false alarm.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 99