Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] Derinkuyu Mining Station, pirate authorities  (Read 974 times)

Nettle

• Admiral
  • supplying bad takes
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a-RC6] Derinkuyu Mining Station, pirate authorities
« on: January 30, 2023, 11:59:52 AM »

Derinkuyu Mining Station authorities remain pirates after independents take over, both in quickstart and tutorial

« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 08:43:46 AM by Nettle »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Derinkuyu Mining Station, pirate authorities
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 12:02:02 PM »

Thank you for the report! This is actually intentional, mainly for flavor reasons.

Zsar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Derinkuyu Mining Station, pirate authorities
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 03:44:07 AM »

It is the only station in the whole game, where the authorities have a different faction than the station itself.

In-game appraisal is "The Derinkuyu leadership will surely soon be toppled by rank-and-file miners eager to get on the right side of the law once again." so, if the good commander is to be believed, the people should not just switch faction, they should be outright replaced by new ones.

... It's not exactly unrealistic, I think, that they remain, both in power and affiliated with the pirates, just as they currently do. But being as isolated and unique as this situation currently is, it first and foremost does looks like a bug, not really like flavour.
(And this might change without being "fixed" once the rest of the map started to sport similar situations and once the rest of the world somehow appreciated / reacted to / acknowledged it...)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 09:54:23 AM »

Fair points all-around, yeah. (Moved this to suggestions...)

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 03:21:24 PM »

More perplexing is the fact that Derinkuyu has a Mining Industry and yet nothing to mine. The miners just... snort space coke I guess and don't do any work?

WhisperDSP

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 06:18:23 PM »

Asteroid miners? Like some of the mining stations we can explore in other systems?

Interesting fact, if you delay the tutorial mission long enough it becomes an abandoned station.

boorch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 05:49:00 PM »

Sorry this may be a bit irrelevant but, what's the story behind the name of the station?

I'm curious because I'm Turkish and I was pleasantly surprised to see this name in the game. It's actually the name of an "underground city" in Turkey. A literal translation for it would be "Deepwell".  ;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 06:00:30 PM »

I'm curious because I'm Turkish and I was pleasantly surprised to see this name in the game. It's actually the name of an "underground city" in Turkey.

Not much beyond me being aware of it and thinking it's really cool! An actual underground city? That's really something for the imagination.

(The names of a lot of the other planets etc in the system are from that general region, too, so it's a bit of a theme.)

A literal translation for it would be "Deepwell".  ;D

Ah, that's very neat to know, thank you!