Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10]/[0.97a-RC8] WIP Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.7/0.8  (Read 14708 times)

Fordo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.1.2
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2023, 02:11:21 PM »

I still haven't been able to replicate those crashes you were having, have you gotten any more?
I ended up starting a new playthrough without ARRUS since it was about that time anyways, haven't gotten the crashes since. Perhaps it was an odd interaction with some other mod in my list? I wish the error made more sense.
I may try installing ARRUS again in a few days and keep some better save copies for before and after just to see if it's resolved itself.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6] Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.2
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2023, 08:15:32 PM »

ARRUS Hullmods 0.2

-Added 5 Upgrade Hullmods Parallel Maintenance Systems A through to E that reduces the supply cost per month of the Augmentation hullmods. This comes at the cost of requiring extra crew, taking extra crew casualties and having faster CR Degradation after Peak Performance has run out.

-Added Refurbished Hangers rectification Hullmod that reduces the speed and damage penalties of converted hanger and converted cargo bay. Also reduces the extra OP requirements of converted hanger. Extra crew costs still in place.

*Had to alter the scripting for converted hanger and converted cargo bay to get this to work. They still have the same costs, just a different way of getting them. This makes this now incompatible with anything else that changes them.

** In my minds eye the Upgrade packages have integrated automated (but AI Free) maintenance systems. These systems are safe and reliable but require an excessive amount of supplies not only to maintain the upgraded systems, but also the maintenance system itself. Parallel Maintenance Systems is a more analogue system requiring crew to actively monitor systems, transport materials, carry out repairs etc (Justification for extra crew). Due to the nature of the systems being placed all throughout the ship, not only will the maintenance crew have to work close to the exterior hull and even EVA during combat scenarios, but extra access points need to be installed in the interior making hull breaches more dangerous (Justifying Crew loses). Finally deep into battle when everything is pushed to it's limit, the human crew just can't keep up to the same speed the automated system can (Justifying CR decay increase).

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2023, 04:52:45 PM »

I just discovered this mod today. It's so hard to find something to increase op, thanks for making this.

Edit: I didn't really look closely at the numbers but wow that is a lot of op or maybe it just feels that way to me.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 07:11:41 PM by power12359 »

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2023, 04:28:18 AM »

I just discovered this mod today. It's so hard to find something to increase op, thanks for making this.

Edit: I didn't really look closely at the numbers but wow that is a lot of op or maybe it just feels that way to me.

If you add it all up for the augmentation Hullmods yes it is. However they all have increasing tiers, making them harder to obtain without the appropriate reputation. The last isn't even for sale (drop only). My original intention to pair it with Starship Legends (though now optional) slows down the rate you can apply the hullmods. The cumulative costs either as is 5.37 Multiplier on supply usage per month or 2X Crew, 2.7X Crew Casualties and basically Delicate Machinery makes the ships more costly/risky to run.

So while it probably isn't anywhere close to balanced there is a cost to price/risk ratio.

Also I mostly intended to run it with a big pile of mods which all add alot of options which is where I find the vanilla OP budget to be way too tiny.

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2023, 11:32:03 AM »

Oh right starship legends was suppose to help gate the op increases. I forgot I messed with starship legend's exp multi. Still I thought the mods would cost like a million or something.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2023, 10:02:25 PM »

Oh right starship legends was suppose to help gate the op increases. I forgot I messed with starship legend's exp multi. Still I thought the mods would cost like a million or something.

If you mean buying it from a market I did once consider it, I scrapped the idea since it would then be a very good if rare source of income from the dropped versions of them.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6] Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.4
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2023, 03:35:05 PM »

ARRUS Hullmods 0.4

- Started using the IDE properly so have updated the script files to be compiled into a JAR now.
- Limited PD Integration now properly reverts the PD weapon conversion of Integrated Point Defense AI. As such it now requires Integrated Point Defense AI and is no longer purchasable, but should be freely available from the start of a game.
- Optimised Lenses now works how I'd like it to, altering the range threshold cutoff of High Scatter Amplifier rather then adding extra flat range. New threshold cutoff is 700/800/900/1000 depending on hullsize.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6] Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.5
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2023, 05:10:17 AM »

ARRUS Hullmods 0.5

-Added 3 new hullmods:
  • Decoherence Inhibitor: Increases base range of energy weapons by 200 up to threshold of 700/800/900/1000 depending on hullsize.
  • Ballistic Regulator: Increases base range of ballistic weapons by 200 (300 for Capitals) up to threshold of 700/800/900/1000 depending on hullsize, reduces base range past the threshold by 200/300/400/600 down to the threshold.
  • Missile L.A.M (Launch Assistance Module(s)): Increases the range (Not base range) of missiles by 800/900/1100/1300 up to a threshold of 2000/2100/2300/2500 depending on hullsize.

Versil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2023, 12:43:20 AM »

mod abandoned?

TheDboys

• Ensign
  • Dr.Pavel, I'm CIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2023, 02:02:54 PM »

I’m having a lot of fun with this mod, I really like your ideas with the rectifications,  upgrades and augmentations. Im glad I found it  and thank you for making it.

Uttrik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2023, 02:32:38 AM »

Very cool mod.  Definitely not balanced, but I see it as turning the game into more of an character RPG, where you focus on one or two ships that progressively get stronger rather than creating a fleet.  It's sort of like a build-your-own supership.

With testing so far, most everything seems to work with .96a, with the exception Converted Hangar with the new hullmod on the Invictus ship.  Converted Hangar in this case act as normal, giving only one fighter slot and increasing OP cost, rather than providing two fighter slots and no negatives like it's suppose to on the Invictus.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2023, 06:39:19 AM »

mod abandoned?

It's not abandoned, I just took a break when 0.96 was about to launch and then got very distracted by Tears of the Kingdom. I'm currently working on it for 0.96.

I’m having a lot of fun with this mod, I really like your ideas with the rectifications,  upgrades and augmentations. Im glad I found it  and thank you for making it.

Thankyou alot of my inspiration came from an older mod Advanced Hullmods by ShadowDragon8685 I just thought it was a bit more elegant complimenting the existing mods rather then making replacement versions of them.

Very cool mod.  Definitely not balanced, but I see it as turning the game into more of an character RPG, where you focus on one or two ships that progressively get stronger rather than creating a fleet.  It's sort of like a build-your-own supership.

With testing so far, most everything seems to work with .96a, with the exception Converted Hangar with the new hullmod on the Invictus ship.  Converted Hangar in this case act as normal, giving only one fighter slot and increasing OP cost, rather than providing two fighter slots and no negatives like it's suppose to on the Invictus.

I'm intending to add escalating credit costs to the upgrade packages (for initial installation), which had always been one of my long term goals, I just didn't have the expertise to implement it until recently. I'd also like to add in functionality so factional fleets will occasionally show up with the same mods force installed on them.

Convereted Hanger doesn't work properly because I rewrote it for the older version  (due to once again lack of experience) my current internal version fixes this. In addition Refurbished Hangers:
- Still remove all negatives of Converted Hanger and Cargo Bay
- Sets the installed bays as standard bays, so the likes of expanded deck crew can now be taken.
- Adds +1 bay if Converted Hanger is S-Modded in (Excepting Frigates) (This does end up giving the Invictus a 3rd bay)
- Adds +1 bay to normal carriers up to -/2/4/6
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 06:41:31 AM by ctuncks »

Versil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2023, 11:01:44 PM »

mod abandoned?

It's not abandoned, I just took a break when 0.96 was about to launch and then got very distracted by Tears of the Kingdom. I'm currently working on it for 0.96.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.5.1
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2023, 10:33:16 PM »

ARRUS Hullmods 0.5.1

- Updated for 0.96a-RC10.
- Reversions now only applicable to built in or S-mods with penalties.
- Enabled Safeties now suppress Safety Overrides, Safety Overrides looks like it gets removed, but it'll be back after this mod is removed. *Couldn't revert the engine colour change, so this was the next best option at the time.
- Superalloy Plates now only installable with S-Modded Heavy Armour.
- Refurbished hangers reworked:
     - No longer works off of altered Converted Hanger/Converted Cargo Bay, both mods are back to vanilla standards.
     - Removes all penalties of Converted Hanger/Converted Cargo Bay and makes their fighter bays "Normal" so Expanded Deck Crews and mods with similar requirements are now installable.
     - For non frigate hulls with Converted Hanger S-Modded in adds an additional fighter bay *Bonus since this mod otherwise renders the S-Mod bonus moot.
     - Grants + 1 bay up to -/2/4/6 bays for carriers with normal fighter bays with no built in wings.
- Stopgap Suite hullmod added which replaces the entire category on the refit screen. This hullmod now dynamically adds Stopgaps depending on which D-Mods a ship has, each stopgap can be toggled between being "OFF" or "ON". All of them default to "OFF"

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] WIP Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.6
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2023, 03:06:03 AM »

ARRUS Hullmods 0.6

- Upgrade Packages rolled into an Augmentation suite to help cut down on UI Clutter.
- Upgrade Packages now cost credits and story points (at some levels), now also have level requirements on top of reputation requirements (if Starship Legends is installed)
- Flux Coil Adjunct renamed to Flux Coil Auxiliary and rolled into a suite.
- Flux Distributor renamed to Ancillary Flux Radiator and rolled into a suite.
- Parallel Maintenance Systems renamed to Manual Maintenance Operations and rolled into a suite.
- Maintenance costs for upgrade packages lowered since they now cost a larger amount of  credits upfront.
- Manual Maintenance Operations now also reduces hull.
- Reworked UI for the above to make as clear as possible what everything does, what it costs and what it requires.
- Added Demilitarised Hull to Reversions, this adds Civilian grade hull, reduces minimum crew by 50% and reduces burn level by 1 if ship has 10/9/8/7 or greater burn level.*
*Wanted this for ships from other mods that feel like they should have had Civilian grade hull, or a conversion job that didn't adjust the stats properly.
- Added 3 Diagnostic Hullmods for Crew, Fuel and Supplies. Each gives fleet level readouts on each resource and has some preset suggestions and how much is required to meet them. Hullmods do not need to be installed, just moused over.
- Added Exclusive PD Adapter and Total PD Adapter Hullmods, both affect default PD systems (non missile) to either PD_ONLY or PD, mutually exclusive with each other.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7