Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Blue print quest got bugged  (Read 362 times)

Goul duKat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Blue print quest got bugged
« on: January 28, 2023, 09:30:47 AM »

I got this quest to go get the blue print, it was coming off a XIV legio Legion ship, instead to scuttle it i recovered the ship and got the blue print in my cargo, i learn it, but the quest is still active.

Something bugged it ? or there is a second blueprint around ? (i went read the saved game xml, and i see no more point of interest inside the system) there is only 2 scavengers fleet and i tried to kill both of them too, to no avail for this quest.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Blue print quest got bugged
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 10:15:37 AM »

Hmm - are you sure it's the blueprint for the same ship? The mission is supposed to end when the right blueprint is shown to you as salvage.

Goul duKat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 10:34:43 AM »

Yes, when i recovered the Legion i got the blueprint in my cargo and i learn it, then spent so many time searching for new stuff in the system after 30 mins, i decided to just save and go read the xml save files for the location of something in the system, and found nothing, there is the location for all planets my fleet and 2 scavengers, nothing else, so i gave up because i got the blueprint already from the legion and think it is a bug, do you want look inside the save files too ?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 10:43:25 AM »

Yeah - would you mind emailing me the zipped-up folder of that particular save? So the folder that has campaign.xml and descriptor.xml in it.

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Thank you!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 05:34:35 PM »

Got the save, thank you! Taking a look, hmm. You don't have the "Phantom" blueprint learned, so I suspect the blueprint you got was a different one. The entity that the Phantom blueprint was supposed to be on was a derelict ship, and it looks like that was salvaged, hmm. The only thing that comes to mind as a possibility is if you somehow missed it, and it ended up in some cargo pods that eventually went away.

Well, either that or somehow the game gave you the wrong blueprint from the derelict ship. Looking at the code, it's hard to see how there would be a mismatch between that and what the intel tells you the blueprint is, but it's possible. I'll keep an eye out!

Goul duKat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 08:23:46 PM »

I do remember well :-) i got the phantom ... there is a bug.

When you don't scuttle the derelict ship ( because it was a super nice one ) you get the cargo but not finish the quest

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 08:53:24 PM »

Ahh, that makes sense, thank you - I'll take a look tomorrow.

(Also, turns out there was a bug in devMode where it was clearing out the known blueprints, which is why it looked like you didn't have the Phantom - or, actually, anything non-default, which should've given me pause. Whew, glad to have run into that one now.)

Goul duKat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 03:32:28 AM »

Sending new save, eagle blueprint is bugged too, the system was already fully surveyed.
Spent some time doing circle around using neutrino and all, then decided to read the save, same story there is no one spot to discover, but one of the prospector fleet friendly that i see got this parameter inside :

Code
<com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.hub.MissionFleetAutoDespawn z="4363">
<fleet cl="Flt" ref="4353"></fleet>
<elapsedWaitingForDespawn>0.0</elapsedWaitingForDespawn>
<mission cl="com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.BlueprintIntel" ref="4047"></mission>
<framesWithNoAssignment>0</framesWithNoAssignment>
</com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.hub.MissionFleetAutoDespawn>
<com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.hub.TriggerFleetAssignmentAI z="4364">
<system cl="Sstm" ref="4100"></system>
<patrolPoints z="4365">
<Plnt ref="4129"></Plnt>
<Plnt ref="4166"></Plnt>
<Plnt ref="4179"></Plnt>
<CCEnt ref="4309"></CCEnt>
</patrolPoints>
<elapsedWaitingForDespawn>0.0</elapsedWaitingForDespawn>
<mission cl="com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.BlueprintIntel" ref="4047"></mission>
<patrolText>scanning local volume</patrolText>
<travelText>exploring system</travelText>
<currTarget cl="Plnt" ref="4179"></currTarget>
</com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.hub.TriggerFleetAssignmentAI>
<com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.hub.MissionFleetInterceptPlayerIfNearby z="4366">
<stages z="4367">
<com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.BlueprintIntel_-Stage>GET_ITEM</com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.BlueprintIntel_-Stage>

So i tried to kill them to no avail

Where do i get this stuff ? Thanks (this one is missing btw from my inventory)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 09:14:49 AM »

Thank you! This one's actually a known issue, fixed for the next release - the blueprint is in the Cryosleeper, but since that can't be salvaged...