Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EWM CA NL finally improved?  (Read 843 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
EWM CA NL finally improved?
« on: January 27, 2023, 06:21:42 PM »

Have the three been finally improved? EWM is too complicated and constricting, CA need non-story point bonuses, and NL is too costly in both Skill points and OP right now while also being too limited.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

BCS

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: EWM CA NL finally improved?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 12:30:08 AM »

"Extended Warehouse Management Canada National League"? Sounds wack

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 12:47:28 AM »

Energy Weapon Mastery
Cybernetics Augmentation
Neural Link

For those who don't know immediately.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 12:49:11 AM »

I assumed this was a bot spam post at first just reading the title...

Also just an observation but you seem to do this a lot Sonna, either posting a new thread about a random question or posting in a thread that Alex has posted in asking a question that has nothing to do with the thread topic.  ;)

Void Ganymede

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 11:04:35 PM »

Energy Weapon Mastery carries wolfpack fleets/small flagships/SO cheese. In those roles it's really ridiculously powerful.

Neural Link is a strange beast. I don't think the community has figured out how to properly abuse it yet - your point in another thread that NL scales off of player investment in combat skills is a hint in the right direction.

Tentatively agree on Cybernetic Augmentation. Story points are cheap and perfectly built officers enable whole new builds but it's extremely situational.

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 01:03:55 AM »

Energy Weapon Mastery carries wolfpack fleets/small flagships/SO cheese. In those roles it's really ridiculously powerful.

Neural Link is a strange beast. I don't think the community has figured out how to properly abuse it yet - your point in another thread that NL scales off of player investment in combat skills is a hint in the right direction.

Tentatively agree on Cybernetic Augmentation. Story points are cheap and perfectly built officers enable whole new builds but it's extremely situational.

Ballistic Mastery is good for all ballistic ships, while EWM non-elite is only useful for a subset of high tech only builds. It's one of the most flagship dependent skills on the tree.

NL can't really be abused, it eats up a tone of OP, is a capstone skill, and gives command of your ship to the AI. The combination of factors make it hard to exploit the openings NL should in theory give

Void Ganymede

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 03:29:33 AM »

Okay but wolfpacks, AMB phaseships, and plasma thruster/phase skimmer assault skirmishers are the bulk of High Tech's cool kit. The fact that it doesn't work with disco balls or tach lances doesn't matter because it's good at what high tech's good at. Hell it's even good on a Plasma Cannon Sunder. Plus the scaling damage bonus is nuts given the way armor works in this game.

NL resets ship system cooldowns ;)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 03:41:46 AM »

NL resets ship system cooldowns ;)
Which is extremely underwhelming for the majority of ships considering the investment.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 07:30:22 AM »

The only ship where Neural Reset is vital is Harbinger, and only because QD was nerfed into uselessness and lost its charges.  Without QD, Harbinger is practically an unshielded armor ship like a Vanguard without Rugged Construction when piloted by player.  (Piloted by AI, it wastes too much time trying but failing to get behind the enemy using its old assassin behaviors.)  Neural Link today is basically a worse variant of Automated Ships that works with a single human ship instead of one or more Derelicts and Remnants, and Automated Ships is only mildly strong with alpha cores (or barely capstone worthy at best).  Without cores, Automated Ships is like a campaign Industry skill that offers a fun ability that does not noticeably improve combat power.

Basic Energy Mastery should be universally useful like Ballistic Mastery is.  Most of my use of energy weapons is longer ranged (heavy weapons or ePD+IPDAI shenangians on non-SO ships).  Energy Mastery without elite is only useful for a subset of ships, primarily SO ships or frigates without any range boosters.  On the other hand, ballistic mastery is useful for anything with ballistics, even high-tech ships that are lucky to have a few (Shrike-P, Medusa, Paragon, some phase ships).