Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kitbashed ship sprites  (Read 865 times)

Ihave500hats

• Ensign
  • A little slow, but I can do some things.
    • View Profile
Kitbashed ship sprites
« on: January 16, 2023, 01:25:32 AM »

Hey people! I took a break from making sprites for awhile to focus on school and such. I'm back and I've got a better computer too!
Here's the Borzon-class Strike Carrier, with a bit of retouching!

Here's my newest, the Messiah class Super-heavy Cruiser (do note this one is a work in progress and still needs a LOT of editing and fixing up.)

I will be updating this thread roughly weekly, stay tuned for more ships! I plan on creating enough to make anew faction, or just a bunch of ships to add in to the vanilla game (like the Ship/Weapons Pack).
IMPORTANT: I need someone to actually implement these ships into a mod! (or to help me, please) I have the .ship files, but I've tried to make it into a mod before and it failed miserably. If you'd like to contact me or help me with the mod creation you can add me on steam (friend code: 1041978237) Or PM me on this forum.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 01:27:17 AM by Ihave500hats »
I like kitbashing ships!

Ihave500hats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Kitbashed ship sprites
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 04:04:17 AM »

Update on the Messiah class (old on left, new on right)

I fiddled around with adding rust, changing some things (like the sensor module on the right side), and added a new patch which isn't fully complete yet.
I like kitbashing ships!

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 07:21:07 AM »

Update on the Messiah class (old on left, new on right)
I fiddled around with adding rust, changing some things (like the sensor module on the right side), and added a new patch which isn't fully complete yet.

Adding orange-ish color to the bridge seems to be the right move but I couldn't say the same to the new additions around the bottom weapon mounts, maybe if you make it more subtler and blend into the hull.. It might look better? The new addition on the bottom right of the ship are a bit too bulky especially with the thick lines. I'm not sure what to make of it when I look at it, is it an antenna?

Ihave500hats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 03:14:55 AM »

Adding orange-ish color to the bridge seems to be the right move but I couldn't say the same to the new additions around the bottom weapon mounts, maybe if you make it more subtler and blend into the hull.. It might look better? The new addition on the bottom right of the ship are a bit too bulky especially with the thick lines. I'm not sure what to make of it when I look at it, is it an antenna?

Okay so first, I'm so honored to have the UAF dev replying to this! :D And I will 100% take your advice with the rust coloring. And the antenna thingy was mainly me trying to add to the feel of the ship being something that has been patched and repaired and modified a lot. I may just remove the antenna and make the sensor module patched up and damaged.

Seriously, thank you for the feedback, I really needed it as I'm still pretty new to this lol
I like kitbashing ships!

Ihave500hats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 04:42:10 AM »

Behold, the Myth-class

I have no idea what this ship is going to be yet, but I just wanted to show people how I start making a kitbashed ship!

If you can guess all of the ships I used I can't really give you a prize, but props to you (Hint: the largest section is from the Tahlan Shipworks mod!)
I like kitbashing ships!