Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.9.51a-RC6] AI Portraits of AI Cores (As People)  (Read 54027 times)

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
[0.9.51a-RC6] AI Portraits of AI Cores (As People)
« on: January 14, 2023, 03:03:04 PM »

AI Portraits of AI Cores

Hey everyone! This mod is a side project I've been working on while trying to distract myself from bigger projects for other games.
  The central premise for these portraits is "What if an AI core created a human avatar for itself?" but there's nothing restricting anyone from using these with characters that aren't AI.
  All the portraits were generated using Severian Void's Stable Diffusion model for Starsector portraits, using images of each AI core as a base. The images featured at the top are a selection of Alpha Core portraits.

There are currently two versions of this mod:

The lite version is an "Author's Cut", containing a selection of what I thought were the best and most varied portraits. There are 10 male and female portraits for each core, for a total of 80 new portraits.

The full version contains all the "decent" (read: non-cursed) portraits I generated for this project.  It contains 295 new portraits.  This can be a bit overwhelming, which is why I made the lite version.

Currently, both versions only add portraits to the player faction, so you can use them when selecting new characters, and they'll show up for officers in your faction.  However, I'm also posting a patch that also adds the non-Omega based portraits to the vanilla AI portrait list.  This is just an extra file, not a mod in and of itself, and should be merged with the base mod folder (the zip file already has the right folder structure).

Permissions are open, so if you want feel free to use any of these in your own mods.

Downloads

Full Portrait Pack                                      Lite Portrait Pack
   Full Remnant Patch                                   Lite Remnant Patch

Screenshots
Here's a selection of some of the portraits for each core:
Alpha Core (In addition to above):
Spoiler
[close]
Beta Core:
Spoiler
[close]
Gamma Core:
Spoiler
[close]
Omega Core:
Spoiler
[close]

Resources
If you wanted to try your hand at making portraits like this, here's some resources to help!
First, you'll need a working version of Stable Diffusion and Severian Void's Stable Diffusion Model.
I used a 2K upscaled version of each vanilla AI core to generate these portraits, which you can find here.
I used the same prompt and settings for each portrait (excepting a few that worked out nice while I was fine-tuning the prompts).
Female Portraits:
Spoiler
a starsectorportrait of a holographic artificial intelligence, cute young adult woman with circuitry in the background, ai core, ai, artificial intelligence, hologram, glitches, visual artifacts, aura, visual corruption, jpeg artifacts, distortion
Negative prompt: helmet, eyepiece, earpiece, massive eyes, old, bad anatomy, missing fingers, cameo
Steps: 20, CFG scale: 7, Seed: -1, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 35a0bad3, Denoising strength: 0.75, Mask blur: 4
[close]
Male Portraits:
Spoiler
a starsectorportrait of a holographic artificial intelligence, handsome young adult man with circuitry in the background, ai core, ai, artificial intelligence, hologram, glitches, visual artifacts, aura, visual corruption, jpeg artifacts, distortion
Negative prompt: helmet, eyepiece, earpiece, massive eyes, old, bad anatomy, missing fingers, cameo
Steps: 20, CFG scale: 7, Seed: -1, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 35a0bad3, Denoising strength: 0.75, Mask blur: 4
[close]

Credits
Severian Void for making the Starsector Portrait SD model in the first place.
The Unofficial Starsector Discord off-topic chat for putting up with my sh*t (I love you guys <3)
The Starsector team for making a great game!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 06:52:13 PM by bombasticmori »
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6] AI Portraits of AI Cores (As People)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 06:38:39 PM »

Those look great!

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 08:57:53 PM »

Thank you! I'm really happy with how they turned out.
Lover of moths

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 08:56:42 AM »

There was a minor issue with a missing bracket in the Full Remnant Patch. I uploaded a new version in its place.  Thank you Puretide for diagnosing it!
Lover of moths

Morideth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 01:16:39 AM »

Hello, love the mod. It inspired me to try to make a small faction mod even though I have no skill in art or coding. I'm about 3/4ths of the way through the intro to modding tutorial and have made three kitbashed ships so far.

I want the faction to be a group of people from the first wave of seed ships and on the cutting edge of cryosleep and AI. They begin travel to the sector and only when it is too late their AI finds that the cryosleep is not 100% effective and people start expiring. The AI then starts to virtualize the population. The AI stumbles across a colonized system ahead of it and is able to reengineer FTL travel to scavenge for AI cores to improve the quality of life of its citizens. They reach the sector and then grow human children (clones) from their expired DNA to help run their society; to explain crew requirements on ships, food, ect...

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 08:20:44 AM »

That's really awesome! Let me know when you finish it, I'm very interested. I'm glad you like the mod  :)
Lover of moths

Oddball250

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 01:03:46 PM »

Hello,

If possible could you make a face for Sierra or just some AI faces with purple backgrounds?

if you can, thank you not to sure how to use AI picturegen

El Jojo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 01:54:46 PM »

Hello

Have you thought about making portraits based on the Ziggurat captain ?

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 10:08:00 AM »

Hey!

Re: Sierra, I've definitely thought about generating portraits based on her, but would feel kinda weird about doing it unless I get permission from SotF's creator. 

Re: Ziggurat Captain, I did *not* think about that and it sounds interesting, lol.  I may consider doing it at some point but no promises.
Lover of moths

Oddball250

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 12:38:35 PM »

Fair enough i guess for Sierra, i guess thats also a no go for daemon cores and archdaemon cores, wonder what they would even look like, red and dark red respectively and i guess because their supposed to be combat AI they would all have aggressive pictures?

Madie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 02:11:54 AM »

WTF theses look so EPIC! Good that i start a new game today, so much TANKS YOU!!!

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2023, 10:29:29 PM »

WTF theses look so EPIC! Good that i start a new game today, so much TANKS YOU!!!
Will seconds this, I like this mod, especially beta portraits seem good to me. I use lite version, however. One of the musthave simple mods.

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2023, 06:56:55 PM »

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it!  :)
Lover of moths

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2023, 04:11:38 PM »

The full version contains all the "decent" (read: non-cursed) portraits I generated for this project.

may i make a suggestion? (gamma cores use only cursed results)
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

TheShadowSlayer_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2023, 06:39:33 PM »

This mod is idea is great, love the AI-art-by-AIs.

As a clarification, this mod it just lets the player and player's faction use these portraits - it doesn't let AI Core officers and administrators them? I was expecting it to the other way around (officers and admins use the AI art portraits), and want to make sure I'm not using the mod wrong.
Pages: [1] 2