Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: More clear save description  (Read 477 times)

Sepon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
More clear save description
« on: January 13, 2023, 12:34:29 PM »

Hello,

Today I decided to delete multiple saves of my campaign (because sometimes I accidentally click Save Copy in the menu) and my small brain thought that if one save says 12 Months, and other says 9 Months, I should delete the later one. As you can imagine I lost two days of progress with this move, so my suggestion is to either add the info about time played first thing in description, or change it from Day/Month/Cycle to Cycle/Month/Day.
I know I am the stupid one here but I hope it may prevent future dummies from repeating my mistake  :'(
And ofc thank you for this beautiful game, I really love it!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: More clear save description
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 12:37:07 PM »

:( I'll keep this in mind, thank you for the suggestion! That area of the UI could very much use more attention at some point.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 12:39:36 PM »

Adding onto this suggestion, please get rid of the type "delete" every time I want to delete a single save. I don't know any other game that I ever played that did something like this. I could understand if there was a delete all option, but this is silly. It's too annoying to delete saves currently.

@Sepon
Another thing that could help is if we could name our saves. I know character name is a thing but you're probably going to have more than one save at a given time.

That area of the UI could very much use more attention at some point.
Smh there he goes being a whole minute faster  ::)
Please don't take me too seriously.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 12:43:57 PM »

I know I am the stupid one here but I hope it may prevent future dummies from repeating my mistake  :'(

Don't worry, your definitely not the first one here.
But would be really nice, if you were the last one, who has to deal with this.

Sepon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 01:17:21 PM »

Wait, it does say Cycle/Month/Day! Guess I'm just melting a little bit  :-X

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 06:29:16 AM »

Adding onto this suggestion, please get rid of the type "delete" every time I want to delete a single save. I don't know any other game that I ever played that did something like this. I could understand if there was a delete all option, but this is silly. It's too annoying to delete saves currently.

I agree, typing delete every time is annoying, just confirmation popup "you are sure what you want to delete this save" with 2 buttons "yes" and "no" is enough, it is faster just open save folder in Explorer and delete unneeded saves from there.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 09:23:58 AM »

it is faster just open save folder in Explorer and delete unneeded saves from there.
I do this because typing "Delete" for every removal in the game when I have many saves is onerous.