Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How to ensure downloaded version is most up to date?  (Read 481 times)

pronoia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How to ensure downloaded version is most up to date?
« on: January 09, 2023, 06:56:36 AM »

Just wondering how to know if you have the most updated version of starsector installed? I'm pretty sure I have with 0.95.1a-RC6 but there's mods looking for 0.95.1a-RC9 and 0.95.1a-RC12....

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to ensure downloaded version is most up to date?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 08:49:06 AM »

When you hover over the Download button, you get shown a link to the installer. It shows RC6 right now, which means RC6 is the current version. Are you sure those mods aren't looking for a previous version with a high RC number? 0.95a RC15 is an old version, for example. Note the missing subversion 1.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
Re: How to ensure downloaded version is most up to date?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 12:43:18 PM »

Just wondering how to know if you have the most updated version of starsector installed? I'm pretty sure I have with 0.95.1a-RC6 but there's mods looking for 0.95.1a-RC9 and 0.95.1a-RC12....

if you've got version checker (or nexerelin), you'll get a message every time you open a save. otherwise just check the forums, the "news" thing at the top left of the page will generally point to the latest release
(and modders usually only change the big number when updating a mod, the RC doesn't actually matter for compatibility)