Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Question on panning / scrolling after death  (Read 365 times)

MartialDoctor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Question on panning / scrolling after death
« on: January 05, 2023, 09:42:24 PM »

I've noticed that, if my ship gets destroyed in combat, I'm unable to continue to pan around to watch the rest of the action. It seems to stay suck on my wrecked ship and I can only view areas immediately around it.

Is there any way to change this? It's really quite boring to not be able to watch the rest of the action if I happen to get myself wrecked in battle.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Question on panning / scrolling after death
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 12:51:52 AM »

You can enter the command view and select a friendly or allied ship and hit "F" (or click the button on the menu) to enter the camera feed and watch from their view. You can still pan and zoom in that mode as well.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 03:53:58 AM »

It's most likely because your wreck drifted outside your fleet's vision, and fog of war is mimicked in combat by not letting you move your camera to fogged areas. I'm not sure if it's even a bug, since what you're supposed to do instead is rather to transfer to another ship.

MartialDoctor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 03:13:18 AM »

You can enter the command view and select a friendly or allied ship and hit "F" (or click the button on the menu) to enter the camera feed and watch from their view. You can still pan and zoom in that mode as well.

Ok, great! I'll give that a shot next time if I happen to make a mistake and bite the bullet early.