Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] Adversary (v6.1.2)  (Read 116127 times)

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v2.0.1)
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2023, 09:53:16 AM »

I'm getting an Fatal null error crash in a system, I'm able to load the save but after 5 mins it crashes,
here's the logs;

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.AdversaryFactionDoctrineChanger.setFleetDoctrine(AdversaryFactionDoctrineChanger.java:122)
   at data.scripts.AdversaryFactionDoctrineChanger.advance(AdversaryFactionDoctrineChanger.java:78)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Are you on v2.0.0? I put out a quick patch to fix this exact crash, so you'll need to redownload the mod again to apply this fix.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v2.1.0)
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2023, 07:54:20 PM »

Update v2.1.0 is out, adding a few more minor features and reworking some existing ones (and fixes a crash that was possible since v0.5.5; how no one reported this one for such a long time I can only guess, as I only just recently found out the bug myself). It should be save-compatible with both v2.0.1 and v2.0.0.

v2.1.0
  • Added "orbitAngle" and "orbitDays" options for entities with "orbitRadius"
  • Added "flareChance" option for stars in "starsInSystemCenter" and "orbitingBodies"
  • Expanded "starsInSystemCenter" option to allow for "orbitAngle" and "orbitDays"
    - Moved "starsOrbitRadius" to this option, becoming its "orbitRadius".
  • Replaced "fringeJumpPointOrbitRadius" with the "fringeJumpPoint" option
    - In addition to an "orbitRadius", it can now have a custom "name", "orbitAngle", and "orbitDays".
    - It still influences constellation placement when using "setLocation".
    - Default "orbitRadius" is now 5000 (from 10000)
  • exampleSettings.json now split into referenceSettings.json and presetStarSystems.json
    - referenceSettings.json contains the reference guide to making custom star systems
    - presetStarSystems.json contains the ready-to-go custom star systems that you can use or edit yourself.
  • Added "accretion_disk" as a possible type for "systemFeatures"
  • Adjusted default Optimal system:
    - Moved the Orbital Fusion Lamp to the Gas Giant planet; adjusted its conditions accordingly
    - Adversary's Gas Giant now has an Orbital Works with a Corrupted Nanoforge and an Alpha Core instead of Refining.
    - Adversary's Tech-Mining operations are now under Alpha Core supervision.
    - An Alpha Core now watches over the Adversary's primary Orbital Works.
  • Fixed new game crash when attempting to create a player-owned market without an AI admin.
  • Added a system with most vanilla planet and star types to presetStarSystems.json
  • A lot of code adjustments and optimizations (again)

Edit: In the interest of not double-posting (or triple-posting technically), I'm putting the v2.2.0 patch notes here:

Update v2.2.0 is now out, with more adjustments to existing features. It should be save-compatible with v2.1.0.

v2.2.0
  • "enableAdversaryDoctrineChange" setting now works in existing games.
    - If set to false, it will remove the Adversary's doctrine changer script from a loaded save.
    - If set to true, it will re-add the Adversary's doctrine changer script if it does not already exist in a loaded save.
    - Now reapplies the Adversary's selected doctrine upon loading a saved game, fixing a bug where the selected doctrine was reset to default Adversary settings after loading a save in a new Starsector application.
  • Reduced default delay between Adversary doctrine changes to 6 months (from 12 months)
  • "specials" market option now merged with "industries".
    - The "industries" list is now a map containing both industries and applicable specials.
    - Now has the ability to improve industries!
  • Adjusted Optimal system:
    - Gas Giant market: Improved Megaport and High Command
    - Terran market: Replaced Tech-Mining with a Dealmaker Holosuite Commerce; also improved Population and Star Fortress to partially make up for the stability loss.
    - Moved Gas Giant's Drone Replicator to the Terran market instead.
  • Added Take No Prisoners, Exotica Technologies, and Exiled Space mod support for the Adversary faction
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:06:15 PM by Tranquility »

Semberspirit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v2.2.0)
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2023, 06:47:02 AM »

Is there a way to add moons orbiting a particular planet using this mod?

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v2.2.0)
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2023, 03:06:21 PM »

Put out a quick optimization patch with v2.2.1. This also fixes a memory leak, so be sure to update if you can (it should be save-compatible with v2.2.0). Note that this update will reset the doctrine switch timer and possibly the selected doctrine for the Adversary, but those are relatively minor side effects.

v2.2.1
  • Massively optimized/reworked the doctrine changer code.
      - This should not only improve in-game performance, but it also fixes a memory leak as well.
      - As a side effect, the timer for when the Adversary changes doctrines will be reset for existing saves. The Adversary's current selected doctrine may also reset as well.

Is there a way to add moons orbiting a particular planet using this mod?
Yes, you can make planets orbit another planet by adjusting the "focus" option of the planet you want as a moon. If you need a reference, the default Optimal system has two moons orbiting a Gas Giant, so you can look in this mod's settings.json for that implementation. Also, you'll probably want to look in referenceSettings.json for more details about the "focus" option.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 03:07:54 PM by Tranquility »

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v3.0.0)
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2023, 04:12:44 PM »

Update v3.0.0 is now out! It's sort of a major update, with a new (optional) feature, a rework to an existing feature (in preparation for Starsector 0.96), and some additional integration with other mods. If you want save-compatibility after downloading this update, you'll need to set "enableAdversaryDoctrineChange" to false for your existing saves (those saves must be on the previous v2.2.1 version for this to work perfectly)!

v3.0.0 (Not save-compatible unless "enableAdversaryDoctrineChange" is set to false for existing saves!)
  • Added "enableAdversaryBlueprintStealing" and its corresponding "adversaryBlueprintStealingSettings" in settings.json.
    - Set to false by default, it allows the Adversary to learn the blueprints of specific factions after some time.
    - Default settings has the Adversary steal blueprints from the player faction every new cycle.
  • Expanded "adversaryDoctrineChangeSettings":
    - Now supports modifying the exact fleet composition and doctrine (e.g. can set doctrine to 3-3-1 fleet composition and 5-1-1 fleet doctrine for warships and carriers with high-level officers)
    - Replaced "warships", "carriers", etc. with "possibleDoctrines", which holds the possible doctrines the Adversary may use.
    - As a result of this change, the Adversary may now switch to doctrines with similar compositions (e.g. going from low-tech warships to high-tech warships); however, they will still avoid picking the same doctrine twice.
  • Added some LunaLib support
    - The LunaLib toggle settings are: Enable Custom Star Systems, Enable Adversary Doctrine Change, Enable Adversary Blueprint Stealing
    - If LunaLib is enabled, these toggles will override their settings.json equivalent.
  • Added Better Colonies mod support for the Adversary faction; they will now participate in the Age of Innovation.
  • Added a mirror version of Penelope's Star to presetStarSystems.json
  • Tweaked the Adversary's default carrier doctrines to use a wider variety of fighters.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 04:47:52 PM by Tranquility »

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v3.1.0)
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2023, 01:23:30 PM »

Update v3.1.0 is now out, with more LunaLib compatibility, some adjustments, and the ability to edit the appearance of orbiting planets and stars. It should be save-compatible with v3.0.0.

v3.1.0
  • Updated LunaLib compatibility:
    - LunaLib settings for the Adversary mod now immediately apply to an existing save, without needing to reload a save.
    - Added "Adversary Doctrine Change Delay" and "Adversary Blueprint Change Delay" as LunaLib settings
  • Reformated and renamed some settings in settings.json to account for the above change.
  • Adjusted default uninhabited custom system:
    - Gas Giant now has "Hot" instead of "Extreme Heat" to encourage using the Orbital Fusion Lamp to maximize Cryoarithmetic Engine efficacy.
    - Added sparse ore deposits to Barren planet to make Mining an option.
  • Added "specChanges" option for any planets or stars in "orbitingBodies".
    - This allows changing the appearance of a planet or star.
    - Updated Penelope's Star copy in presetStarSystems.json with the appropriate "specChanges"

MaunisPhiehouse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2023, 09:42:24 AM »

Is it possible to control gas cloud generation in systems made by this mod?

TheProtagonists

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2023, 12:47:00 PM »

I know this has been considered before, but is it still on the table to include an option that let the Adversary start with all normally visible factions' blueprints? I play with tons of mods and it's bit underwhelming that they only have vanilla ships.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2023, 12:37:57 PM »

If you mean having nebula clouds appear in custom star systems, unfortunately no. I do plan to add this feature (along with allowing creation of nebula systems) eventually, but it's likely not going to come for a while, perhaps until some time after the next Starsector update.

I know this has been considered before, but is it still on the table to include an option that let the Adversary start with all normally visible factions' blueprints? I play with tons of mods and it's bit underwhelming that they only have vanilla ships.

Well, the option is sorta there already, as there's a non-default, configurable option in settings.json that lets the Adversary steal and use blueprints from other factions (by default, the player faction) after some time. You can add any modded factions there that you would like the Adversary to copy as well, but note that you may also need to disable or edit the Adversary's doctrine changer settings if you want them to use and/or prioritize modded content.

TheProtagonists

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2023, 06:38:34 PM »

If you mean having nebula clouds appear in custom star systems, unfortunately no. I do plan to add this feature (along with allowing creation of nebula systems) eventually, but it's likely not going to come for a while, perhaps until some time after the next Starsector update.

Well, the option is sorta there already, as there's a non-default, configurable option in settings.json that lets the Adversary steal and use blueprints from other factions (by default, the player faction) after some time. You can add any modded factions there that you would like the Adversary to copy as well, but note that you may also need to disable or edit the Adversary's doctrine changer settings if you want them to use and/or prioritize modded content.

I see, only looked at the LunaSettings so I missed the part that lets you to set which factions to steal from. Just to confirm, the stealing function means they steal all blueprints of the target factions at once instead of one at a time, right?

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2023, 07:04:43 PM »

I see, only looked at the LunaSettings so I missed the part that lets you to set which factions to steal from. Just to confirm, the stealing function means they steal all blueprints of the target factions at once instead of one at a time, right?

Yep, that's exactly right; they steal all blueprints from all the targeted factions at the same time after the delay interval passes. The every-cycle check by default allows the Adversary to continually steal new blueprints from the player faction. However, if you'd like, you can also just set the delay to 1 month using LunaSettings, then, after entering a new month (e.g. March to April) or upon starting a new game, disable the feature entirely afterwards; the Adversary should still keep any blueprints they have already stolen, while also slightly lowering your save file size and performance (it's rather negligible, but it is something that's possible).

(I should probably mention in the LunaSettings descriptions about being able to edit Adversary doctrines and set the target factions in settings.json though, so I'll make a note to update the descriptions.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 07:07:55 PM by Tranquility »

TheProtagonists

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2023, 09:05:41 PM »

Yep, that's exactly right; they steal all blueprints from all the targeted factions at the same time after the delay interval passes. The every-cycle check by default allows the Adversary to continually steal new blueprints from the player faction. However, if you'd like, you can also just set the delay to 1 month using LunaSettings, then, after entering a new month (e.g. March to April) or upon starting a new game, disable the feature entirely afterwards; the Adversary should still keep any blueprints they have already stolen, while also slightly lowering your save file size and performance (it's rather negligible, but it is something that's possible).

(I should probably mention in the LunaSettings descriptions about being able to edit Adversary doctrines and set the target factions in settings.json though, so I'll make a note to update the descriptions.)

Got it, thank you for the help and info!

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v3.2.0)
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2023, 10:13:06 PM »

Well, turns out adding nebulas inside star systems was easier than I thought, so enjoy yet another minor update, along with some feature improvements/adjustments and a bug fix. Update v3.2.0 should be save-compatible with v3.1.0. (Edit: forgot to mention that I updated the LunaLib setting descriptions to mention settings.json more)

(Edit: Put out a patch with v3.2.1 to fix a bug with "isCoreWorldSystem" toggle)

v3.2.1
  • Fixed "isCoreWorldSystem" toggle doing the complete opposite (e.g. tagging the Optimal system as a proc-gen system and not a Core World system).

v3.2.0
  • Updated LunaLib compatibility yet again (now with an actual changelog!)
    - Note that setting IDs have been changed, so you may need to set your LunaLib settings for this mod again.
  • Added "hasSystemwideNebula" toggle for custom star systems, allowing for nebula clouds to appear in your custom star systems.
    - The default uninhabited system now has this set to "true".
  • Custom star systems created with "setLocation" now set their star age to that of their selected constellation.
    - This affects the nebula color if the system's "hasSystemwideNebula" is set to "true".
  • Stars in the "stars" list of "starsInSystemCenter" can now have "specChanges" as well.
  • Fixed optional blueprint stealer setting not correctly resetting the elapsed months after each steal attempt.
  • Exotica Technologies:
    - Updated the Adversary faction with the latest exotics and upgrades
    - Decreased chance for faction-exclusive exotics and upgrades to appear in Adversary ships
  • Major code refactors
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:01:55 PM by Tranquility »

ParagonRenegade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v3.2.1)
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2023, 04:11:39 PM »

Hello, I love your mod! It's virtually a must-have to be honest.

I was hoping to get an answer though; is there a way to add a description to the planets and stars you add?   To be more specific, I mean the one you see when you mouse over them, or when you click on them in the TAB map. I attempted to first edit the descriptions.csv of another mod I always use and inject my own descriptions alongside the ones it added, and that didn't work. I then tried to do it manually through the proper java code, but it is to be frank completely beyond me.

This is a bit of a hangup of mine, so even a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v3.2.1)
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2023, 08:29:45 PM »

Hello, I love your mod! It's virtually a must-have to be honest.

I was hoping to get an answer though; is there a way to add a description to the planets and stars you add?   To be more specific, I mean the one you see when you mouse over them, or when you click on them in the TAB map. I attempted to first edit the descriptions.csv of another mod I always use and inject my own descriptions alongside the ones it added, and that didn't work. I then tried to do it manually through the proper java code, but it is to be frank completely beyond me.

This is a bit of a hangup of mine, so even a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Hi, glad to hear such words! As of now, there isn't a way to customize the descriptions of planets and stars in this mod's custom star systems (beyond editing the vanilla descriptions for planet and star types, but that affects vanilla systems too), but I think such a feature could be easily implemented in the next update or so. In the meantime, I believe the closest mod that fits the description is the Illustrated.Entities mod by SirHartley, which allows you to edit the descriptions of any colonies you own, alongside other features. Otherwise, I'll look into allowing custom descriptions for all entities, including planets and stars, in custom star systems for the next update.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8