Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] Adversary (v6.2.0)  (Read 122935 times)

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v1.1.0)
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2023, 12:41:07 PM »

Is there a way to use this mod just to spawn the custom system. As in, no Adversary faction or Optimal system, just the player-configured one?

Yes; if you haven't touched this mod's settings.json yet, go open it and change "enableOptimalStarSystem" to false, which will disable the Optimal system (and the Adversary faction by default) from spawning. I also recommend setting "enableAdversaryDoctrineChange" to false, but doing so is optional.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2023, 08:31:46 PM »

Is there a way to use this mod just to spawn the custom system. As in, no Adversary faction or Optimal system, just the player-configured one?

Yes; if you haven't touched this mod's settings.json yet, go open it and change "enableOptimalStarSystem" to false, which will disable the Optimal system (and the Adversary faction by default) from spawning. I also recommend setting "enableAdversaryDoctrineChange" to false, but doing so is optional.

This is great. I never bothered to check the mod before as I figured the heavily advertised faction would be a hard coded into the mod with no option to disable it. Now that you mentioned this, I will most certainly check it out, as I like the idea of a customizable system of sorts.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v1.2.0)
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2023, 03:33:51 PM »

Update v1.2.0 is out, allowing Remnant stations to be added to any custom star systems! I also made a few adjustments to existing features as well. Oh, and this update is save-compatible with both v1.0.0 and v1.1.0 (I think).

v1.2.0
  • Both damaged and fully-operational Remnant battlestations can now be added through "systemFeatures" and "entitiesAtStablePoints".
  • Expanded "name" option to support most "systemFeatures" and "entitiesAtStablePoints"
    - Most entities and features in the Optimal system now have names by default.
  • "ring_band" system feature now separated into "rings_ice", "rings_dust", and "rings_special"
    - Also added "bandIndex" option for these ring bands
  • Updated "asteroid_belt" system feature to better mimic vanilla proc-gen asteroid belts
    - Also added "size", "innerBandIndex", and "outerBandIndex" options for asteroid belts
  • Updated "asteroid_field" system feature to better mimic vanilla proc-gen asteroid fields
    - In addition, "entitiesAtStablePoints" now supports adding "asteroid_field"
  • Added "size" option for "magnetic_field" system features
  • Updated exampleSettings.json to include the above features
  • Adjusted default planet sizes and orbit radii in both Optimal and the first custom system.
  • Increased volatile deposits for the first custom system's gas giant.
  • Adjusted a few ship variants used in MagicLib bounties.
  • Adjusted the success text of a MagicLib bounty, as one of the bounty's intended "rewards" is fixed with the latest MagicLib update

NoCleverness

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2023, 02:26:05 PM »

While the Optimal system doesn't spawn, the Adversary faction is still there. Am I doing something wrong?

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2023, 04:57:50 PM »

While the Optimal system doesn't spawn, the Adversary faction is still there. Am I doing something wrong?

The option to disable the Optimal system doesn't actually prevent the Adversary faction from popping up elsewhere; it just removes the only markets they have on a default settings.json (thus making them not appear in a normal, vanilla-like game). If they are popping up elsewhere, it's mostly likely other mods that allow them to spawn regardless (I know that Nexerelin allows for faction respawning as an option, and that the Adversary will still spawn by default in Nex's Random Core Worlds mode), so there's little I could probably do there. However, if they are spawning elsewhere with no other mods and without changing anything in the "optimalStarSystem" or "customStarSystems" entries, do let me know though; I intended for the Optimal system, using default settings, to be the only place with Adversary markets.

Edit: Tested it in an otherwise vanilla game, and it turns out the Adversary still shows up on the Intel tab even when they don't have any markets at all. If that is what you mean, I don't think this affects the overall gameplay at all (I'm guessing this behavior is also true of any obliterated vanilla factions in any game without Nexerelin). If it does prove annoying, however, you can prevent them from showing up in the Intel tab by adding the following line in the adversary.faction file: "showInIntelTab":false (I also added this line to the in-dev .faction file, so it should be easier to do so the next time I update the mod)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 05:26:21 PM by Tranquility »

NoCleverness

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2023, 07:01:20 PM »

The option to disable the Optimal system doesn't actually prevent the Adversary faction from popping up elsewhere; it just removes the only markets they have on a default settings.json (thus making them not appear in a normal, vanilla-like game). If they are popping up elsewhere, it's mostly likely other mods that allow them to spawn regardless (I know that Nexerelin allows for faction respawning as an option, and that the Adversary will still spawn by default in Nex's Random Core Worlds mode), so there's little I could probably do there. However, if they are spawning elsewhere with no other mods and without changing anything in the "optimalStarSystem" or "customStarSystems" entries, do let me know though; I intended for the Optimal system, using default settings, to be the only place with Adversary markets.

Edit: Tested it in an otherwise vanilla game, and it turns out the Adversary still shows up on the Intel tab even when they don't have any markets at all. If that is what you mean, I don't think this affects the overall gameplay at all (I'm guessing this behavior is also true of any obliterated vanilla factions in any game without Nexerelin). If it does prove annoying, however, you can prevent them from showing up in the Intel tab by adding the following line in the adversary.faction file: "showInIntelTab":false (I also added this line to the in-dev .faction file, so it should be easier to do so the next time I update the mod)
They still spawn as a part of the "unsanctioned bounty board" encounter, and I'm looking for the bit I can comment out to stop that.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2023, 09:48:11 PM »

• Both damaged and fully-operational Remnant battlestations can now be added through "systemFeatures" and "entitiesAtStablePoints".
What is the proper variable name for the remmnant battle stations? I'm blind and can't find it.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2023, 10:11:07 PM »

They still spawn as a part of the "unsanctioned bounty board" encounter, and I'm looking for the bit I can comment out to stop that.
Ah I see, those are probably the MagicLib bounties this mod adds. I believe you can remove them outright by going to the Adversary/data/modFiles folder and renaming the "magicBounty_data" to anything else; this should have the same effect as commenting out everything inside it. You can also edit it to remove or comment out anything inside too, if that's what you prefer.

What is the proper variable name for the remmnant battle stations? I'm blind and can't find it.
"remnant_station" is the proper type to spawn in a Remnant station. An example for doing so should be in the exampleSettings.json, right under the either the first "systemFeatures" entry or first "entitiesAtStablePoints" entry. For future reference, doing Ctrl + F inside exampleSettings.json (or any other text files, really) should help you search for the right thing.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2023, 01:10:04 AM »

"remnant_station" is the proper type to spawn in a Remnant station. An example for doing so should be in the exampleSettings.json, right under the either the first "systemFeatures" entry or first "entitiesAtStablePoints" entry. For future reference, doing Ctrl + F inside exampleSettings.json (or any other text files, really) should help you search for the right thing.
I searched for Remnant and got nothing in both settings files so you might have missed it. Thanks for the help though.
Edit: I somehow had the 1.1 version so that's why I couldn't find it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 02:32:08 AM by BaBosa »

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2023, 04:00:17 AM »

I'm confused on how to add a new custom star system separate from the default one, added in the Star, type and name, radius and the planets with their orbits and radius and so on, yet seemingly it is crashing whenever making a new game

I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong with it

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2023, 01:35:43 PM »

I'm confused on how to add a new custom star system separate from the default one, added in the Star, type and name, radius and the planets with their orbits and radius and so on, yet seemingly it is crashing whenever making a new game

I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong with it

Can you post the crash log error here? Just in case you're not sure where to start, here's a quote from someone in the Unofficial Starsector Discord that tells you how:

How to find the Starsector log file
When asking for tech support it is commonly asked you provide the log file in order to help hunt down what is causing crashes or other bugs encountered while playing the game.

With a default installation of the game, the starsector.log file is found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core. When that folder is located the starsector.log file that we need is the one that appears with the text file icon as shown in the examples below:
- Windows 7/10/11 with hide known file extensions setting enabled (default)
- Windows 7/10/11 with hide known file extensions setting disabled (disabled manually by user)
[close]
Then, go to the end of the log file to see if there's any errors there. If there is, post them here so I can try to see what is wrong and help you out.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v1.3.0)
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2023, 01:28:43 PM »

Update v1.3.0 is out, which should be save-compatible with v1.2.0! It's a bit of a minor update, but I wanted to push this out before messing around with anything that might break existing saves (not to mention the impending Starsector update coming SoonTM).

v1.3.0
  • Added "systemBackground" and "systemMusic" options for custom star systems.
    - Optimal now has a system background and music by default (can be changed in settings.json)
  • Updated exampleSettings.json to include above features.
  • Mod code no longer depends on the existence of the Adversary faction.
    - This means that it should be possible to remove every single file related to the Adversary faction without preventing you from running this mod properly.
  • Added "showInIntelTab" setting in the adversary.faction file.
  • Some minor optimizations in setting the location of custom star systems.

OldPayphone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v1.3.0)
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2023, 04:44:46 PM »

I don't understand how we're supposed to create our own system. The layout for custom system settings isn't even remotely the same as the optimal system settings. The custom system setting doesn't even allow you to name your planets in the system and when I try to add it in, the game can't even find said system and the planet I named won't even show up in the planets list. You can't outright name the system cause your game will crash too. For example, in the optimal settings you see:

"name":"Zenith",
"type":"star_yellow",
"radius":800,

for the custom system, I put:

"name":"Serenity",
"type":"terran-eccentric",
"orbitRadius":5250,
"radius":200,

Doing this just crashes the game.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v2.0.0)
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2023, 03:46:55 PM »

Update v2.0.0 is out now, with a new feature affecting the Adversary faction! As such, it is likely not save-compatible! For those that don't mind, however, there's also plenty of other adjustments and fixes in this update, including the ability to set your custom star system location to a non-random location! This is also likely the last major update I'll do before the next Starsector update hits, so enjoy it while waiting for the long-awaited 0.96 Starsector update!

v2.0.0 (Not save-compatible with older versions!)
  • The Adversary faction can now dynamically change which ships, weapons, or fighters they prioritize with every doctrine switch.
    - Added "adversaryDoctrineChangeSettings" to control what ships, weapons, or fighters the Adversary may prioritize upon switching to a new doctrine.
    - Set "enableAdversaryDoctrineChange" to false to disable this feature.
  • The Adversary now switches doctrines based on a set number of months rather than every cycle.
    - This can be adjusted by editing the "doctrineChangeDelay" option inside the "adversaryDoctrineChangeSettings".
    - Default value is 12 months, or one cycle, before every doctrine switch.
  • "optimalStarSystem" now merged into "customStarSystems" list
    - Therefore, you can now find the Optimal star system settings inside "customStarSystems".
    - However, Optimal will no longer have any hard-coded interactions (these were relatively minor, however)
    - Removed "enableOptimalStarSystem" setting option since "isEnabled" toggle exists
  • Replaced "enableRandomLocation" with "setLocation" and "setLocationOverride" options.
    - "setLocation" allows greater control over which proc-gen constellation to place a custom system in.
    - "setLocationOverride" allows custom star systems to be placed anywhere in the Sector, but be warned: it will NOT care if the specified location overlaps an existing Core World or proc-gen system.
  • Add "isCoreWorldSystem" option for custom star systems, which tags a custom star system as a Core World system
    - Set to true for Optimal by default
  • Renamed "stars" to "starsInSystemCenter" to better clarify what it does
  • Renamed "planets" to "orbitingBodies" to clarify that both planets and stars can be added to this list
  • Renamed "coronaSize" to "coronaRadius", as that's what vanilla code comments call it
  • Updated "entitiesAtStablePoints" to work when there are fewer than 3 entities inside the list.
  • Added some useful error messages for when errors occur while generating custom star systems.
  • Fixed game crashing if "planets" (now "orbitingBodies") entry is omitted.
  • The Adversary now has access to default hullmods (like Dedicated Targeting Core and Armored Weapon Mounts).
    - This bypasses bugs like DTC ship variants not having either DTC or ITC at all.
  • Nexerelin: Changed Adversary's "Temperamental" diplomacy trait to "Low Profile"
    - They were attracting nearly every invasion attempt and constantly receiving massive invasion fleets, so this change should dampen this behavior just a bit.
  • Changed Adversary's Commissioned Crew hullmod
    - Reduced CR degradation reduction to 33% (from 50%)
    - Updated hullmod description
  • Added a logger for the faction doctrine changer code.
  • Added a preset, BR-like custom star system to exampleSettings.json.
  • A lot of code adjustments and refactors

Edit: Put out a quick patch to fix a crash related to the faction doctrine changer's logger not being saved between game applications. It should be save-compatible with v2.0.0, thankfully.

v2.0.1
  • Fixed a crash with the faction doctrine changer's logger not being saved between game applications.
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 10:37:51 AM by Tranquility »

Toltami

• Ensign
      • View Profile
    Re: [0.95.1a] Adversary: Customizable Star Systems (v2.0.1)
    « Reply #29 on: February 14, 2023, 02:35:31 AM »

I'm getting an Fatal null error crash in a system, I'm able to load the save but after 5 mins it crashes,
    here's the logs;

java.lang.NullPointerException
       at data.scripts.AdversaryFactionDoctrineChanger.setFleetDoctrine(AdversaryFactionDoctrineChanger.java:122)
       at data.scripts.AdversaryFactionDoctrineChanger.advance(AdversaryFactionDoctrineChanger.java:78)
       at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
       at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
       at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
       at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
       at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
       at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
       at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8