Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dead Game?  (Read 3384 times)

Supereor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Game?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2022, 09:10:32 PM »

I am going to be honest, maybe this will come off as a bit too fanatical, but as someone who wants to be a game developer myself eventually, I find questions like this somewhat offensive.

No, this game isn't dead.  Alex still posts updates on his Twitter pretty often, the last blog post on the website was just a few months ago, and even aside from either of those things, he still posts on this forum multiple times a day every day.

Even as far as this game's updates are concerned, a year isn't really that long.  I feel like I'm the only one that realizes that 0.95 released about 22 months after 0.91a; to see anyone complaining about just a year is so odd to me.  Maybe because I didn't actually read the forums before, I didn't see the complaints that people had about that, but still.

I understand a year is a long time to wait, but that's just how this game's development cycles are.  My advice is just forget about it until the next update releases, or follow Alex on Twitter to see what the newest changes are(at least, that he can tell you about without spoiling too much).

Sorbo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Game?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2022, 10:09:25 AM »

The current plan is finish up most things on the TODO (or decide not to do them)

Did the solar mirror UI fix for galaxy view made it on the current patch list?
Pages: 1 [2]