Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: how to get story points  (Read 2450 times)

shenkuri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
how to get story points
« on: December 14, 2022, 02:32:56 PM »

I apologize if this was already posted somewhere I looked it up in the search bar and got lots of results but no topics explaining how to get them. I admittedly spent all of my points on the single planet i own  to keep it table and thus i admit i really could use more. diplomacy, fighting  and blowing up stations doesn't seem to give any thus my question. i'll be laughing if i'm trying to get them via doing things all wrong?

bowman

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: how to get story points
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 03:06:12 PM »

You get a story point every 1/4 of a level up (and continue getting them even after you hit level cap).

AKA- do things that give you a lot of XP to get story points quickly (fight hard battles).

shenkuri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 05:43:15 PM »

oh....Xd that was vaguely explained in game also good to know you can infinitely earn them. Add a lot more playability after the main campaign is done. although....now i just need to learn how to fly and the points will be flowing. yeah i'll admit i am horrible at flying. if anything i'm a like a top spinning around unable to strafe or go wer ei want. either way before i go off topic thank you bowman for the answer. with this this short topic question is answered.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 02:13:11 PM »

oh....Xd that was vaguely explained in game also good to know you can infinitely earn them. Add a lot more playability after the main campaign is done. although....now i just need to learn how to fly and the points will be flowing. yeah i'll admit i am horrible at flying. if anything i'm a like a top spinning around unable to strafe or go wer ei want. either way before i go off topic thank you bowman for the answer. with this this short topic question is answered.
Have you tried inverting the turn to cursor controls in the options menu? That might help you better control your ship
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

shenkuri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 04:34:42 PM »

I....had no clue i could do that. that might help I admit I decided to try this after moving form Star Valor. not sure why but in Valor i fly very nimbly then i come her and yeah...as stated a spinning top that keeps accidently leaving the battlefield or bouncing off my allies till i blow up. heh...umm if I may were would i go to change that. either i'm blind and missed it in settings or yo change it elsewhere.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 05:33:49 PM »

I....had no clue i could do that. that might help I admit I decided to try this after moving form Star Valor. not sure why but in Valor i fly very nimbly then i come her and yeah...as stated a spinning top that keeps accidently leaving the battlefield or bouncing off my allies till i blow up. heh...umm if I may were would i go to change that. either i'm blind and missed it in settings or yo change it elsewhere.
Yeah, Valor is much more arcade like. Here, you need to worry about momentum and such
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too