Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A mod that in allows you to use colony resources directly without using credits  (Read 919 times)

Mrdudioso

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm relatively new to the sector, however I have played several runs where I ended up with an overbearing economic presence on the sector (both in vanilla and nexus) however I was always limited by the economic capacity of the rest of the sector when trying to turn the massive economic production of my colonies into any real items, as everything in the sector seems to be composed of credits which can only be obtained by selling colony outputs to other colonies, which in turn can only buy so much (provided they even like you enough to permit trade). Is there a mod which either lets you build ships or buildings with the colonies output directly, or gives you credits as an abstract of the productive power of your colonies?

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile

if you build a heavy industry you can build your own ships & weapons in the custom production tab (press D -> custom production), this seems to be exactly what you'd want?

though you seem to be partially misunderstanding the economy simulation as well; colonies will automatically trade with eachother (which is where the money they generate comes from & why taking items from them costs money, think of it as taking stuff that would've otherwise been sold for yourself), there's no need to take stuff from their stockpiles to trade manually.

Mrdudioso

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sorry if my original post was misleading, I'm talking about the fact that you it costs you credits to build ships, even from your own industries. This means that you have to have an equal trading capacity with other colonies to sell enough items to make the credits to pay for your ships to be built, I'm looking for a mod that either lets you build using the otherwise outputted resources of a colony.