Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly Asynchronic Skills Suggestions  (Read 322 times)

snicka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Silly Asynchronic Skills Suggestions
« on: December 04, 2022, 06:42:42 AM »

One of the ever-recuring topics on this board are the player skills. In this thread I'd like to fire away with some ideas, which could be (hopefully) a food for thought as a basis for basegame/modders. Without further ado:

Ace effect

Effect: Every ship destroyed/disabled by a personally controlled flagship reduces the enemy's deployment points by 10% of the destroyed ship's DP cost, increasing yours by the same amount. Stacks up to X.

Flavour text: Sure, a few more explosions won't exactly break their battle line. But they may as well break their spirits.

Intention: a skill which gives a fleet-wide advantage from player's personal combat performance.

__

Rogue element

Effect: A total of X DP of ships with militarised subsystems can be deployed without DP cost. They can't be controled by orders.

Flavour text: I know it's against the protocol. But I don't exactly have the luxury of being picky right now.

Intention: Besides super early game, I tend to gravitate towards optimal ships. This makes suboptimal ships optimal, thus increasing diversity in play.

__

Flanking maneuver

Effect: Can spend X DP before battle to deploy 1.5 X worth of ships from the flanks after 2 minutes of the fight.

Flavour text: The cavalary is coming. We've just got to hold on before it gets here.

__

Higher learning

Unlocks a variety of options when encountering specific factions:

Hegemony - as per protocol - can pay a violation fee proportional to negative hegemony reputation instead of fighting
Tri-tachion - let's skip to buisness - instead of fighting, pay a cost calculated by multiplied difference of losses in a simmed battle
Sinidrian Dictat - oh, are you afraid? - can duel the opposing flaghsip if it has higher dp than player's flagship
Pirates - ain't she a beaut? - can get out of fight by "donating" certain worth of ships
Luddic Church - Can you tell me about Ludd? - get a chance for repairs and CR recovery

Flavour text: Yes, it IS neccesary part of your combat prepartion course. You'll thank me later.

Reasoning - more diverse options for diverse factions

___

Malware Warfare

Effect: When fighting domain derelicts, after 1 minute take control of an enemy ship up to X DP. When fighting remnants, after 2 minutes overload all enemy ships for 7 seconds.

Flavour text - I'm in. Make it count.

Reasoning - just a sensible interaction to somehow hack the AI based ships.

Anyway, just some food for thought - what are your silly skill suggestions?