Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.97a] Enable TranspONder v0.1.5  (Read 1594 times)

theit8514

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Enable TranspONder v0.1.5
« on: November 25, 2022, 09:23:14 PM »

Enable TranspONder

A StarSector mod to always make sure you never forget your transponder

Enable TranspONder VersionDownloads

Ever jump through a gate from the fringe systems only to encounter the dreaded Fleet Patrol complaining about your transponder being off? Save your squirrel brain some headache and activate Enable TranspONder. Your officers will now warn you when you jump into a populated system that your transponder is off.

Preview

Safe to add to existing saves. Cannot be removed from saves, but can be disabled completely by editing a config file.

How to install
Download the release package and extract into your StarSector mods folder. This is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods on Windows.

How to remove
To disable, change the file EnableTranspONder\data\config\settings.json and set EnableTranspONder_disabled to true. This will completely remove all features.

More info
Should handle all factions that set a proper allowsTransponderOffTrade or tag their systems with theme_core_populated. Compatible with Nexerelin and expanding faction bases.

If you run into any issues, feel free to ping me on Discord or post an issue on the GitHub. MIT license so feel free to contribute or do whatever you like.

Things I would like to implement:
  • Handle fleet patrol intercept dialog and present additional options to unignore system or faction. Probably requires some rule changes.
  • Add faction reputation to dialog. Not sure if this is even possible with current API. Best I could find was creating a person and showing that person on the dialog.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 08:10:57 AM by theit8514 »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Enable TranspONder v0.1.3
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 01:48:15 AM »

There's a typo on the image you posted on the third paragraph...

theit8514

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 07:52:01 AM »

I've re-read it like 6 times and am not seeing it. A conn officer is naval term for the officer in charge of a ship. It's also used in Star Trek to indicate the pilot/helmsman/navigator.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 07:56:34 AM »

I've re-read it like 6 times and am not seeing it. A conn officer is naval term for the officer in charge of a ship. It's also used in Star Trek to indicate the pilot/helmsman/navigator.

Oh, my bad then. Sorry.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2022, 04:51:40 AM »

Good mod. Please allow me to translate it into Chinese. Let other Chinese players also can play with it.
I have the ability to recompile java code.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 02:48:54 AM by TheHZDev »

theit8514

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 07:46:55 AM »

Good mod. Please allow me to translate it into Chinese. Let other Chinese players also can play with it.
I have the ability to recompile java code.

The license permits you to do so. https://github.com/theit8514/starsector-mod-enable-transponder/blob/main/LICENSE