Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Blue Friend Balls v1.0.0  (Read 4667 times)

SteelSirokos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Blue Friend Balls v1.0.0
« on: November 22, 2022, 08:36:11 PM »

Blue Friend Balls v1.0.0
Convince your AI cores that you're not out to get them
Safe to add to and remove from saves

Download

What is this mod?

Blue Friend Balls is a lightweight mod that gives you the option to use a story point to convince your Alpha Core administrator that you're not planning on throwing it into the sun, allowing you to move it to a different colony or into a ship without triggering nuclear war. The option requires a story point to use and will only be available if you have a Cruiser or Capital Ship with the Automated Ship hull mod in your fleet. I may add more Alpha Core interactions in the future, and am open to suggestions here and in the Discord.

This mod is theoretically incompatible with any other mod that modifies this specific event, but as far as I'm aware no such mod actually exists at the moment

Changelog:
Spoiler
v1.0.0:
 - Initial Release
[close]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 11:25:50 AM by SteelSirokos »

V_KJ

• Ensign
  • Coffee tastes great, wdym?
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Blue Friend Balls v1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 08:40:05 AM »

Finally a mod where I can continue to abuse my A.I cores.
"How do you code in a Macbook?"

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 06:05:43 PM »

This is awesome, it’s always really annoying that I can’t move alpha AI cores around after a while.

A possible idea, have some sort of regular check for the alpha core and if it’s not in a ship/colony or inventory the betrayal event happens?
As it is, it seems like you could have the automated ship and then just immediately throw out the core. I haven’t checked this though so if you’ve already done it  :D

TauCetiRedGuard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 07:07:32 PM »

A possible idea, have some sort of regular check for the alpha core and if it’s not in a ship/colony or inventory the betrayal event happens?
As it is, it seems like you could have the automated ship and then just immediately throw out the core. I haven’t checked this though so if you’ve already done it  :D
What would even be the point? You've already spent a story point for a safe removal of the core why would you punish the player afterwards it would just be bad design.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 08:28:12 PM »

This is awesome, it’s always really annoying that I can’t move alpha AI cores around after a while.

A.I. be like "Thanks for the story point, that was real swell of you... I'm still gonna betray you regardless, lmao!"

I like how the idea is to nullify the purpose of the mod. Great! Awesome!

SteelSirokos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 10:59:55 PM »

The automated ship requirement is mainly there to lend credence to the idea that you're actually able to get an Alpha Core to trust you. Even with a Plot Armor Influence Token (a.k.a a Story Point), I think a being as complex and intelligent as an Alpha Core would require more than just your silver tongue to be swayed.

I did initially think about having some form of repercussion if the player didn't actually put the core in a ship/colony, but pretty quickly realized that such a feature would be counter-productive to the actual purpose of the mod.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 04:55:44 AM »

Can you allow me to translate it into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.

SteelSirokos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2022, 08:10:02 PM »

Can you allow me to translate it into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.
Unfortunately, almost all of the dialog in this mod is located in the code itself due to the fact that I needed to write my own option condition. Translating it would require recompiling the mod.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 02:20:06 AM »

Thank you very much.
Unfortunately, almost all of the dialog in this mod is located in the code itself due to the fact that I needed to write my own option condition. Translating it would require recompiling the mod.

In fact, I can understand java code and use IDEA recompile your mod code to JAR file. Thank you for your source code!

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 08:09:17 PM »

Will say in hindsight it is kind of hilarious that AI cores complain more about being removed from power than your flesh and bone administrators.  I didn't know silicon could be so petty.

On a more serious note it would be nice to be able to transfer them from colonies, since typically when you're using them it's because you're at your admin cap and thus have more colonies than people to manage them at least from my experience.  Maybe it'd be possible to put them into the comm directory and give options to transfer their command to another colony?

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2022, 06:03:16 AM »

I may add more Alpha Core interactions in the future, and am open to suggestions here and in the Discord.

We need a way to "safely" remove the Blue Fiend Balls:

'Trace the cores location and order a tactical bombardment of the Area [-1 SP, 50 Fuel, 100% XP]'

Your tech officer points to a series of communications and power relays with unusually high-activity. You give a nod and an immediate tactical bombardment begins of the area.

"You should pay heed Commander, even though your actions will result in this cores destruction, its logs have been uploaded and we will come for you."

"No you can't, don't even try!" You order a second bombardment, it's the only way to be sure.

The core has been successfully destroyed.

0. Leave
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 06:13:46 AM by Great Wound »

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2022, 01:06:09 AM »

Could make it a perk of the Automated Ships ability that AI cores are more manageable or sociable.