Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Accident and valuable lost cargo, bug or extreme bad luck?  (Read 311 times)

KelianM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Accident and valuable lost cargo, bug or extreme bad luck?
« on: November 21, 2022, 10:18:52 PM »

So I got my first alpha core today. Headed straight back to center of map and on my way back had to suspend repairs cause supplies were running a little low, nothing too dire. Out of nowhere a wolf class frigate, making up a very insignificant portion of the fleet, has an accident and boom the alpha core and some weapons are lost!

Don't know the exact CR before but my lowest other ship was at 40 with most at least 50+. This was my first accident since I got the core with no other warnings. The accident I can sort of understand even though it felt quite unlucky, but losing the alpha core seems ridiculous, especially considering this was one of my smallest ships in the fleet and most of my cargo was supplies and other cheap cargo. Who would ever put their most valuable cargo one of the weakest ships, didn't even have an officer. Is this intended behaviour?

I'm definitely going to look into some console commands to get that alpha core back cause I really feel cheated here, I don't see anything wrong with how I handled the situation and the consequences felt way unfair.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Accident and valuable lost cargo, bug or extreme bad luck?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 09:42:29 AM »

Thank you for letting me know! Maybe not strictly a bug, but some *very* old code and yeah, that doesn't make sense and I can see how that'd feel very unfair. Changed so this doesn't happen.

(Edit: this would only happen if you're close enough to your cargo capacity that losing the low-CR ship takes you over capacity, btw.)

(P. S. AddItem alpha_core if you get the Console Commands mod :) )
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 09:58:24 AM by Alex »

KelianM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 10:11:26 AM »

Thanks Alex, amazing to see a dev so involved and responsive! And I just added it back into my save file.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 10:32:39 AM »

Nice :)