Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Improvement for early and late game: Increase weapon loot  (Read 469 times)

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
Improvement for early and late game: Increase weapon loot
« on: November 20, 2022, 11:08:14 AM »

The suggestion is: Improve the chance/amount of weapons one can salvage after a battle.
This should improve early and late game:

In early game so far I never had a problem with acquiring a good number of ships through salvaging. But there was always a problem with acquiring enough weapons for these ships to outfit them, if I rely on salvage.

And for late game, a reecuring topic in this forum (not just now, also in the past months) is that the bounty payoffs don't pay you enough, to compensate for the necessary losses and expenses. Instead of raising the bounties, giving more loot to sell after a battles would also increase the reward for such missions and contracts.

Gaaius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Improvement for early and late game: Increase weapon loot
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 03:35:06 AM »

I find that this is in a very good spot right now.
This scarceness of weapons (especially good ones) makes it harde to get OP quickly and makes for a good progression.
And if your really want somthing - go to the market! Weapons are not expansive, same with ships and can be a VERY good investment if you can then do more profitable bounties.
On the topic of bounties: I find they always give enough to compensate for fuel and supplies used and you also get more weapons, ships and XP (both ingame and as a player).
And if you really want to increase your efficiency: pick multiple bounties or missions next to each other.

Never go somewhere unless two people pay you!

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 08:03:50 AM »

I would like to see common weapons sold in bulk. Or even in infinite quantity at some places. Chicozmotoc ought to have LMGs for days, right?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 06:23:55 PM »

Battle loot is already easily the best non-modded source of weapons in the long term, excepting rare weapons that you happen to have a blueprint and heavy industry for. It's the market selection that's pretty limited.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 09:41:51 PM »

Battle loot is already easily the best non-modded source of weapons in the long term, excepting rare weapons that you happen to have a blueprint and heavy industry for. It's the market selection that's pretty limited.
The best source of weapons is a military contact on Sindria. You can use their faction blueprints for nanoforge contracts, which have all common weapons in the game. With weapons being relatively cheap, you can stock up on everything even with lower production limits.
Shame it will be gone next patch.