Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: On second thought... Option 3 for battles, etc  (Read 366 times)

Raif Redacted

• Ensign
    • View Profile
On second thought... Option 3 for battles, etc
« on: November 19, 2022, 05:34:31 PM »

Hi all! Just started the game and instantly got smacked with an unintended battle within the first system. Hadn't saved for a bit, either. Not a big deal at all so early, but I can see this becoming an issue with fat fingers or pets. For me, I meant to hit F1 for more info on a ship but hit 1 instead, causing the Engage Defenders option to be chosen. Only 2 options available at that point: Transfer Command and Start the fight. Would love the title third option for all player-chosen battles, etc, to cover the accidental clicks.

Side request: maybe it's a bug, idk, but the title screen music doesn't seem to be affected by sound options. Any chance we can get that tied in there, or maybe a button on the screen to mute the title screen separately? EDIT: This seems to actually be tied to the music but it's very hard to notice since the volume of the rising music becomes incredibly loud unless you have it set to actually 0. Even 5 or 10 has very loud rising music at the end of the tune played.

Thanks for reading! Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 07:40:57 PM by Raif Redacted »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: On second thought... Option 3 for battles, etc
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 05:24:23 PM »

Being able to change your mind and go back already exists when joining ally battles (and in devmode), so not having it normally is pretty odd. It's annoyed me a few times too.

(At least sometimes you can just enter the battle, deploy nothing and full retreat. Hope the other fleet doesn't decide you're an enemy afterwards :-X)

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: On second thought... Option 3 for battles, etc
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 11:28:59 PM »

+1. Sometimes I accidentally choose to engage, and can't back out.