Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] LunaLib  (Read 148206 times)

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] LunaLib
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2023, 04:14:40 AM »

Press Escape
My Mods

KZadBhat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2023, 06:04:12 PM »

Don't know if this is an with LunaLib, LazyLib, or version checker itself. But checking LazyLib 2.8 with LunaLib's version checker causes a crash of Starsector.

Crash message is:
Fatal: Conversion = 'i'

Unfortunately can't attach the log file, as it's over the size limit. And Pastebin froze when I tried to use it. If you need the log file, we can work out another way to do it.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2023, 07:03:04 PM »

Don't know if this is an with LunaLib, LazyLib, or version checker itself. But checking LazyLib 2.8 with LunaLib's version checker causes a crash of Starsector.

Crash message is:
Fatal: Conversion = 'i'

Unfortunately can't attach the log file, as it's over the size limit. And Pastebin froze when I tried to use it. If you need the log file, we can work out another way to do it.

Will be fixed in the next version, though if lazy updates the version file before that it may fix itself before that.
My Mods

jn_xyp

• Ensign
  • Ordinary Player, Fossic.org customer support
    • View Profile
    • Jn_xyp's Blog (In Chinese)
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2023, 02:40:37 AM »

Hi there, I would like to request your permission to repost this mod on Fossic.org (Starsector Chinese Forum), would it be possible?
Ordinary Player, maintainer and customer support of fossic.org.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2023, 04:41:48 AM »

Sure, not every part of the mod is quite translateable at the moment, but the most relevant parts for the mod settings should be changeable from the strings file.
My Mods

KZadBhat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2023, 04:22:35 PM »

Another weird little glitch today. Loaded the game and got a notice from Version Checker that a mod was ready to update, but when I clicked Version Checker it wouldn't actually open the dialog, just removed the Mod Settings and Version Checker boxes. Looking into which mods had an update, it was LunaLib itself. I was running 1.7.1, and just updated to 1.7.3, and now the Version Checker dialog works properly.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2023, 07:38:32 PM »

Another weird little glitch today. Loaded the game and got a notice from Version Checker that a mod was ready to update, but when I clicked Version Checker it wouldn't actually open the dialog, just removed the Mod Settings and Version Checker boxes. Looking into which mods had an update, it was LunaLib itself. I was running 1.7.1, and just updated to 1.7.3, and now the Version Checker dialog works properly.

1.7.1 had an issue where it would crash when loading the changelogs of certain mods, in most cases this would happen if either lazylib or magiclib were selected automaticly as the first selected mod. However the buttons are programmed to catch a crash and prevent it, which is why nothing happened after you pressed them.
My Mods

Egren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2023, 09:13:34 AM »

Hi. Minor thing, but, I think you should make it easier for end-users like me to tell if I have the latest version of LunaLib. At the time of writing, I can only find the latest version in your signature (1.7.5).

I suggest changing the forum post title from "[0.96a] LunaLib" to "[0.96a] LunaLib 1.7.5" or something similar and then changing the title with every release. Adding the version to the title comes with the added benefit of being included in every future post in the thread. This helps visitors determine which version WAS the latest when the post they're reading was submitted.

I appreciate the work you put into LunaLib so far and am excited for more mods to implement support for / make use of it!

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2023, 10:38:03 AM »

Hi. Minor thing, but, I think you should make it easier for end-users like me to tell if I have the latest version of LunaLib. At the time of writing, I can only find the latest version in your signature (1.7.5).

I would recommend to just use a Mod Manager like SMOLor MOSS. Those are the best options to see if a mod has been updated. And of course you can also use the lunalib version checker, which uses the exact same data as those Mod Managers to look for updates, though the mod managers should be more convenient to use since they dont require a game start.
My Mods

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2023, 05:33:28 AM »

How do I add changelog to lunalib for my mod?

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2023, 08:24:58 AM »

How do I add changelog to lunalib for my mod?

Check Lunalibs .version file for an example.
Basicly, it just has to link towards an online text file that can be directly accessed, similar to the masterVersionFile, the content of that file then gets displayed as the changelog.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 08:26:57 AM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2023, 09:04:27 AM »

How do I disable LunaLib's built-in version checking? I don't see any settings, either in its in-game UI or the mod's config files, that would allow me to tell it "No, do not talk to the internet".

(An option to change version checking from automatic to "only checks when you click this button" would also be acceptable.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2023, 09:55:37 AM »

How do I disable LunaLib's built-in version checking? I don't see any settings, either in its in-game UI or the mod's config files, that would allow me to tell it "No, do not talk to the internet".

(An option to change version checking from automatic to "only checks when you click this button" would also be acceptable.)

Thats a fair point and concern, il implement an option for this in the next update.
My Mods

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2023, 09:05:01 PM »

The close buttons are great  ;D

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2023, 01:05:29 AM »

Just a suggestion but would it be possible for you to develop some kind of in-game portrait changer? You could charge the player with money to balance it out if you want, this would be plenty useful for everyone I'm sure.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6