Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crash with zink on moving mouse  (Read 360 times)

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Crash with zink on moving mouse
« on: November 16, 2022, 07:11:09 PM »

I have a crash when trying to use Zink. Crash occurs as soon as I move the mouse. If I just start the game and leave it alone nothing happens.
Reproducible without any mods.

Code
MESA: error: zink: failed to update swapchain capabilities: VK_ERROR_SURFACE_LOST_KHR
MESA: error: zink: swapchain killed 0x7f76a0008780
41517 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
java: xcb_io.c:269: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
./start.sh: line 59: 100108 Aborted                 (core dumped) ./jre/bin/java -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=./native/linux -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -Xss2048k -classpath janino.jar:commons-compiler.jar:commons-compiler-jdk.jar:starfarer.api.jar:starfarer_obf.jar:jogg-0.0.7.jar:jorbis-0.0.15.jar:json.jar:lwjgl.jar:jinput.jar:log4j-1.2.9.jar:lwjgl_util.jar:fs.sound_obf.jar:fs.common_obf.jar:xstream-1.4.10.jar -Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=false -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=false -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=./saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=./screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=./mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.linux=true com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher

Below is the run script.  The JRE i'm using is from Oracle, version 8.  The operating system is Linux, Fedora 36 distribution (GNOME - Wayland). Kernel 6.0.8. Mesa 22.1.7, GLU 9.0.1. Game version 0.95.1a-RC6.
Code
#!/usr/bin/env bash

export __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=mesa
export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=zink
export LIBGL_DEBUG=1
export MESA_DEBUG=flush
export AMD_DEBUG=info,mono,ps,vs

./jre/bin/java \
 -server \
 -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 \
 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt \
 -Djava.library.path=./native/linux \
 -Xms4096m \
 -Xmx4096m \
 -Xss2048k \
 -classpath janino.jar:commons-compiler.jar:commons-compiler-jdk.jar:starfarer.api.jar:starfarer_obf.jar:jogg-0.0.7.jar:jorbis-0.0.15.jar:json.jar:lwjgl.jar:jinput.jar:log4j-1.2.9.jar:lwjgl_util.jar:fs.sound_obf.jar:fs.common_obf.jar:xstream-1.4.10.jar \
 -Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=false \
 -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=false \
 -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=./saves \
 -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=./screenshots \
 -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=./mods \
 -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. \
 -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.linux=true com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher

Modlist
Code
{"enabledMods": [
  "A_S-F",
  "armaa",
  "automatedcommands",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dassaultmikoyan",
  "diableavionics",
  "fast_engine_rendering",
  "HexShields",
  "Imperium",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "mag_protect",
  "MagicLib",
  "nexerelin",
  "roider",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "SCY",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "vic",
  "shaderLib"
]}

The graphic performance is pretty awful on a Radeon VII with OpenGL so I was trying to see if Zink will help. No crash on OpenGL.  I also wanted to ask if there's a way to skip the launcher with the startup script?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 02:08:57 AM by Donahue »

catraxx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Crash with zink on moving mouse
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 10:45:07 PM »

I don't think it's just the launcher. I got past it and the same error occurs when moving the mouse ingame.

I found some context for it here, look at the last posts.

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/-/issues/16975

"As mentioned earlier, VTKs new OpenGL2 rendering Backend needs a 3.2 gl context (the specific version number may varry). Point is, that kind of context can be created on windows by SWT but NOT on linux. A workaround is to not use the "org.eclipse.swt.opengl.GLCanvas" and use (jogamp) instead.
Loading of jogamp (jogl) is not included.
Change in vtkSwtComponent.java:
-import org.eclipse.swt.opengl.GLCanvas;
+import com.jogamp.opengl.swt.GLCanvas;"

I'm not a Java person, does this mean anything to anyone?