Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] Illustrated.Entities 1.2.b - Custom colony images and descriptions  (Read 95095 times)

FatalStrings

• Ensign
    • View Profile

RL comes first, dont worry about it. hope your situation improves soon.

renegade_sock

• Ensign
    • View Profile

RIP artists, Jesus these look surprisingly good. Great idea for a mod!

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile

screams in spriter

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks, finally I can name my Cupcake colony with an adequate description and image as well.
to be done some day... XD

ThatOneWeirdo

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thank you for the mod.

I've found a bug. Trying to abandon any colony crashes the game. Not sure if this was always the case during my campaign, but I noticed it after conquering a station from another faction and trying to abandon it (I'm using Nexerelin).

193665 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at illustratedEntities.helper.ImageHandler.removeImageFrom(ImageHandler.java:36)
   at illustratedEntities.listeners.NewColonyImageAdder.reportPlayerAbandonedColony(NewColonyImageAdder.java:27)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportPlayerAbandonedColon y(ListenerUtil.java:81)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.AbandonMarketPluginImpl.abandonConfirmed(AbandonMarketPluginImpl.java:123)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.OO00.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.B.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I also noticed that I couldn't change the picture/description of the conquered station at all. Tried to save, reload etc.. I even enabled the option to change NPC's colonies pictures but they won't show up.
Got the same issue, has anyone found any workarounds to this? Like, maybe removing the image from the colony before abandoning it or something similar?

FOX_CN

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Amazing work
Can I move it to the Chinese forum https://www.fossic.org/
The previous translators are still translating, but we can't wait.
XD

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Is there a way to make it work for conquered markets?
The menu does not appear for markets conquered via nexerelin, even with the npc market edit option and devmode.

DaringPineapple

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is there a way to make it work for conquered markets?
The menu does not appear for markets conquered via nexerelin, even with the npc market edit option and devmode.

I ran into the same issue even with the NPC market option turned to true and devmode on. Seems to be an issue with conquered markets as you have pointed out. So for the heck of it, I changed ownership of market using console commands. Obviously with the market back to NPC control, I could edit the description and image with NPC Market Edit option on. However after reverting ownership back to myself, only the 1st description (description shown when mousing over colony in-flight) and image stayed. For some reason the docking (2nd) description did not show up.

Hopefully this functionality will be updated soon, additionally maybe add a way to change the description when you select manage colony of conquered markets? e.g. one of my markets was conquered from pirates, so there's a description describing the pirate colony in the left text box when you select manage colony [idk if there's a term for this]

Melcyna

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This mod is one of those things where at first, I thought that it's cool, but it's not essential... so I didn't include it for the Starsector copy I have on my weak laptop as it's iGPU is beyond crap. I always keep it for my desktop Starsector copy but I thought I'll have to skip it on my laptop since it's too underpowered to run Starsector properly at all much less with this mod.

Well, turns out it IS essential, I can't stand the vanilla colony screen anymore... it's amazing what glorious images can do to improve the game's enjoyment.

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Great mod! Really appreciated.

Do you know why it might not be working for the Utic star system? Nepheria and Tenas both dont have any image and the Chibog Outpost has a base stock standard picture per vanilla.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

That's cause the system and planets you are describing are not Vanilla but added by a mod, I do not know what's wrong with them - sorry!

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile

They're from Stop Gap Measure

sirfenixx

• Ensign
    • View Profile

there is a way to remove the images of the colony? i just want to abandon it without crashing the game.
i made a good progress in the infernal machine custom start and found a garden world with defensive buildings
but i can make more colonies

sirfenixx

• Ensign
    • View Profile

OK i found a way to abandon a colony without crashing the game.
 You just need to change the colony image to a image of a hot colony.
 Then just write something in the description.
 Next, abandon the colony.
 I dont know why it works but it may be a problem with the automatic image selection or that the hot colony is not buggy
by the way, love the mod and how it makes the colonies more personal

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile

VIC colonies crash the game when using description editing. Any idea what the cause is? Is it an issue in general with certain mods?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8