Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some balance things that stand out to me  (Read 217 times)

BCS

• Captain
    • View Profile
Some balance things that stand out to me
« on: November 19, 2022, 05:20:05 AM »

Tarsus is supposed to be a more durable alternative to the Buffalo but the fact it uses 3 fuel rather than regular destroyer-hull 2 kills it as a logistics ship and means most players won't ever consider it as an option(to be fair even if it used 2 fuel most players would still only ever use Buffalos because you don't plan for getting caught, but that's another topic)

Falcon uses 3 fuel, same as the Eagle. Considering Falcon is closer to a destroyer than a cruiser and that it's essentially two thirds of an Eagle, I think it would be fair if it only used 2 fuel.

Valkyrie's two forward facing small energy mounts have no cone of fire at all(more of a bug than balance issue?)

Colossus again uses up one unit of fuel more than normal for its class, and again it's especially bad given the fact it's a logistics ship. Even if it had fuel use of 3 it would still make two of them slightly worse than one Atlas so there's really no reason for that. Also the Colossus' defenses are nonsensical: it has a fixed front shield(I think it's the only freighter that does) but none of its PD mounts cover the engines making it extremely vulnerable to Salamanders. Dunno how intended that is though.

Swarmer SRM Launcher is supposed to be an anti-fighter missile but it generally fails in the role because of extremely low rate of fire. The weird "evasive maneouvers" it performs in flight also tend to cut on its effective range.