Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: My mods dont appear in the launcher (OUTDATED)  (Read 472 times)

IRL_CRAB99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
My mods dont appear in the launcher (OUTDATED)
« on: November 11, 2022, 05:54:42 PM »

I've recently started modding starsector, however the "mod" tab of the launcher remains empty no matter what. I have sufficient RAM and VRAM, mods and the game themselves are up to date, I have alocated the maximum amount of RAM allowed, yet I still dont understand why it dosent work.

If you've had this problem too or know why it happens, let me know how to fix it. Thanks in advanced for the help!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 11:16:33 AM by IRL_CRAB99 »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: My mods dont appear in the launcher
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 07:47:50 PM »

Unzip the .zip files.

IRL_CRAB99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 04:58:11 PM »

I've already unziped them directly in the "mod" folder, dosent work.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 10:14:48 PM »

Are you using the "Extract Here" command or the "Extract to X" where X is the name of the zip file? You should be using Extract Here. And you might want to send a pic with your mod folder setup and inside one of said mod folders as well
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 05:14:45 AM »

If you unzip a folder, you get 2 options.

One is "extract here", which places the contents of the zip file into the folder the zip file was in. For example, I downloaded SCY_1.65rc1 and clicked "extract here", which made a folder called "SCY". That is the folder I need to put in the mod folder for it to work.

The other is "extract to [name of the zip file]". This makes a folder with the same name as the zip file, and puts the zip's contents in it. For example, I downloaded SCY_1.65rc1.zip. I clicked ''extract to SCY_1.65rc1'', which made a folder called "SCY_1.65rc1", which contained the "SCY" folder. I need to put that folder in the mod folder, not "SCY_1.65rc1".

Basically, just open the folder you have inside your starsector "mods" folder. Does it have a bunch of folders and files in it, like "data", "graphics" or "mod_info.json"? If so, then that's the folder you want. Does it have one other folder in it that has the mod's name? That's the wrong one, get the folder inside it instead.

IRL_CRAB99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 11:15:00 AM »

Thanks you all for the help, I found out that it didn't work because I was extracting the files directly on the .zip folder. I hope this will help future players who have the same issue.