Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Planet size edit in save files  (Read 1096 times)

Bangle

• Ensign
  • Overdosing on mods.
    • View Profile
Planet size edit in save files
« on: November 10, 2022, 02:24:16 AM »

I was trying to edit my colony/planets radius in the save file, but for some reason, colonized planets seem to miss their <radius> section in the codes, unlike non-colonized planets.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 02:32:46 AM by Bangle »

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Planet size edit in save files
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 03:10:18 AM »

i also like to edit my planets radius and find it to be very tedious. so in my example i have a jungle world and want to edit the radius.

i save the game while orbiting the planet i want to edit and copy that save to the desktop or wherever as a backup. i leave the game running.

then i search for jungle planets in the save file, edit the radius and save. then i alt-tab into the game load the edited save and see if the radius has changed on my planet (it probably didn't). so i go back into the notepad++ and change the radius back to what it was and look for the next jungle entry and edit that radius..

rinse and repeat until i found the planet i wanted to edit and there you go..

basically brute force it until you find the right one.

its a pain especially if the planet type you want to change is a common one.

Bangle

• Ensign
  • Overdosing on mods.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 04:13:09 AM »

Bloody hell, i did try out the method for hours but never realized i found the right code.
Thanks mate!

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 04:19:26 AM »

Search for the market's name, then find the connected entities' IDs and search for each of those until you find the planet itself. That will get you to the right planet pretty quickly.