Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Attacking other star systems?  (Read 1671 times)

Dr_Nomz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Attacking other star systems?
« on: November 09, 2022, 04:32:08 PM »

Can you send ships to attack other colonies/star systems or follow you? Reasons being is I would LOVE to wage war, but the fleet size limit would make that pretty much impossible without some kind of unstoppable fleet.

So can I do it or do I have to take the chance with my own fleet?

TauCetiRedGuard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Attacking other star systems?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 04:48:10 PM »

The mod Nexerelin lets you request invasion fleets from either your own faction or from a faction your commissioned with. To do so you can press x on the campaign map and select the request fleet option on the menu that appears.
Additionally Nex lets you create special task forces out of ships from your fleet to perform independent operations from your main fleet that can be set to follow you around the map. Industrial evolution lets you do a similar thing with its detachments feature.

Dr_Nomz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 08:56:45 PM »

Thanks, I never tried mods since I prefer a vanilla experience, but the game definitely needs a war mechanic, at least for players to take advantage of.

Like when I raided a pirate base, it now, after many in game years, has about 7 detioration warnings, even though it says it's in danger of collapse "soon". It's kinda funny actually.

Dr_Nomz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 06:57:13 PM »

Hey so I tried Nexerelin, but I needed older files so I'm using version 0.9.8b since I'm on Starsector 0.9.1.

That said how do I get fleets? I tried at my colony but it says I don't have enough budget? How do I increase that number?

Also pressing X on the map doesn't seem to work in this version.

ALSO I get prompted with 3 options at the start, they all are set to False by default, but what do they do and what should I set them to?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 09:57:32 AM by Dr_Nomz »