Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Graphic Lib is not working  (Read 913 times)

WW3Artist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Graphic Lib is not working
« on: November 09, 2022, 12:57:27 PM »

Hi, I relatively new to starsector and haven't had much experience with modding in depth (such as troubleshooting through files.) I keep on getting errors while trying to boot up the game from the launcher menu while using Graphics Lib. I have tried reinstalling the mod, tried only loading Graphics Lib with Lazy Lib. Tried going into the files and finding the issue myself. Though this hasn't bared much fruit. The Fatal Error Loading goes as follows...

[graphics/glib/icons/insignia/glib_insignia/glibSheet.png] resource, not found in [C:Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core...\mods\Lazylib,C:Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsecor-core\...\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Graphic Lib is not working
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 05:08:19 PM »

It's looking for a particular file at the stated path, but the file in my copy of the mod has a slightly different folder and name (GraphicsLib\graphics\glib\icons\insignia\glib_insignaSheet.png).

What's your GraphicsLib version? Try a clean reinstall of the mod (delete old folder; this is how mods should always be installed unless specific instructions to the contrary are given).
If that fails, you could also manually move the file to the place it wants, I guess.

WW3Artist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 12:47:00 PM »

Two things, one how did you download your version of Graphics Lib? Two, I have tried the previous two solutions. How can you identify where the file is wanting to be? (Btw my version of Graphics Lib is 1.6.1) I am also attaching an image of the fatal error to hopefully add some clarity

[attachment deleted by admin]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 05:45:23 PM »

IIRC I downloaded either from the main link or the mirror link, both in the forum thread. Just tried reinstalling from the main link and it works.

How can you identify where the file is wanting to be?
"Error loading [path]"
[path] needs to exist in Starsector/starsector-core/, OR any of the folders of the mods being used (it merges them all at game start).

How did you install GraphicsLib? It's a 7z file so should be opened with 7zip or similar (WinRAR should work but try 7zip if you're still having problems), trying to do it with 'unusual' apps might have issues.
Can you screenshot your GraphicsLib folder and the insignia/ folder?

WW3Artist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 09:06:09 AM »

Oh, I did install it off this Fractal Softworks but when I tried to transfer the file it made me use a different file browser. Here I have attached the error that pops up, the different file browser that it makes me use, and the graphics lib folder. (I am having trouble finding the insignia/ folder where can I find it?) As well when I get the error I hit "ok" and it seemed to transfer the file fine. Though this could be the root of the problem.

WW3Artist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 09:09:01 AM »

(I gotta add these as separate replies because the file is too large)

WW3Artist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 09:10:30 AM »

This is the error

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022, 04:55:46 PM »

The GraphicsLib install folder has a bunch of folders missing from it. Did you try using 7zip to extract the .7z file you downloaded, as instructed?

At this point I'd recommend joining the unofficial Discord server so someone can help you in real time.

WW3Artist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2022, 05:30:30 PM »

Alright thank you, I'll see if I can figure it out there.