Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Solo Prometheus MK2 vs Remnant fleet  (Read 760 times)

Candypowers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Solo Prometheus MK2 vs Remnant fleet
« on: November 03, 2022, 07:10:23 AM »

Youtube link

Man that was tough! Had some close calls in this fight and wasn’t sure if this was possible, but somehow it managed. There’s always the threat of getting swarmed by the smaller ships and then getting stunlocked to death.

And if anyone’s got any suggestions to improve the build, feel free to share!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 07:14:36 AM by Candypowers »

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Prometheus MK2 vs Remnant fleet
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 07:46:12 AM »

Very impressive!

I think that the typical Ordo-soloing Conquest uses double Gauss to improve it's DPS while kiting. Given the Prometheus Mk.II is even better at kiting at some angles, is that something worth trying out?

As far as skills go, as a Civ-grade Hull ship, you don't get any bonuses from Tactical Drills (+5% weapon damage), so with the current loadout, I guess you'd be better off with elite Missile Specialization. Otherwise, if you found an extra 20ish OP for Militarized Subsystems, I think Crew Training completely outperforms Tactical Drills (+15% CR includes a 5% damage boost on top of the other benefits). Or I imagine Damage Control / Point Defense / Field Modulation can be substituted.

Tadas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 07:58:01 AM »

Very cool, extra props for using exotic ship :)

Candypowers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 09:01:43 AM »

Very impressive!

I think that the typical Ordo-soloing Conquest uses double Gauss to improve it's DPS while kiting. Given the Prometheus Mk.II is even better at kiting at some angles, is that something worth trying out?

As far as skills go, as a Civ-grade Hull ship, you don't get any bonuses from Tactical Drills (+5% weapon damage), so with the current loadout, I guess you'd be better off with elite Missile Specialization. Otherwise, if you found an extra 20ish OP for Militarized Subsystems, I think Crew Training completely outperforms Tactical Drills (+15% CR includes a 5% damage boost on top of the other benefits). Or I imagine Damage Control / Point Defense / Field Modulation can be substituted.

Ah you're right! Somehow I missed that Tactical Drills only works if I had militarized subsystems installed. With that extra unspent skill, I guess it's a toss up between Missle Specialization, Flux regulation for 9 OP's worth of flux, or Systems Expert to shave 2 seconds off of burn drive cooldown.

I did try double gauss before, though I found it to be too flux hungry for this ship and it ate up a lot more OP. Also the angle of the left large mount not enough for broadside kiting. It's definitely doable, but I found it to be a bit more trouble than its worth.

Damage control, point defense, and field modulation could be substituted though kinda hard to give up their secondary effects. Otherwise this might be a good alternative so I could s-mod in militarized subsystems: