Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Make Combat capstone skills tier 3 instead of tier 4  (Read 391 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Make Combat capstone skills tier 3 instead of tier 4
« on: October 25, 2022, 05:37:23 PM »

Officers can get one of the combat capstones at level 4, and the second one at level 5.  The player is the only one that needs to be level 5 to get the first, and level 8 to get the second.  Also, for some ships, the combat capstones are weaker or no better than low-tier combat skills.  Yes, there are exceptions where one or both capstones are game-changing (like Systems Expertise on Doom or Radiant, or Missile Spec. on Gryphon or other big missileship), but they are more the exception than the rule.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Make Combat capstone skills tier 3 instead of tier 4
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 06:09:09 PM »

Sounds familiar.

Yep, I agree on almost all points. I think the first Combat capstone skill should come one point earlier, though the 2nd could stay where it is. While both Combat capstones are powerful, I don't see them as powerful as the other capstones overall. And yes, there are some hulls where System Expertise or Missile Spec really aren't worth a point at all (i.e. Missile Spec on an Eagle or Systems Expertise on a Paragon) so they're less universally useful as some other capstones.