Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can you recover.....? SPOILER INSIDE  (Read 1935 times)

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
Can you recover.....? SPOILER INSIDE
« on: October 15, 2022, 02:48:47 PM »

So can you recover Tesseract ships? Was I just not lucky enough or maybe do I lack the Automated Ships skill?
Also can you somehow acquire more of those insane weapoons? I salvaged a few of them. They are absolutely crazy. Id like to try my Paragon out with 4 Rift Cascade Emitters. Is that somehow possible?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 03:04:30 PM by KopiG »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Can you recover.....? SPOILER INSIDE
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 03:10:03 PM »

By default you cannot recover Tesseracts at all. In vanilla there's two hypershunts and a special bounty that contain Tesseracts, plus the cache in Alpha Site and that's your sole sources of that special weaponry in the entire game.

Mods let you bend all those rules, of course, if you so desire.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 04:11:32 PM »

In unmodded game, there are only five Tesseracts.  It is highly unlikely player will get four Rift Cascade Emitters out of five Tesseracts.  If player is unlucky, he may not even find one in the game.

Perhaps the craziest of the Omega weapons are the missiles, especially AMSRMs and Resonators.

Alex_P

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 11:17:52 AM »

If you want a game where you work up to exotic weapons for your whole fleet, the Tahlan Shipworks mod (if I recall correctly) adds a feature to the Academy where you can turn in your Tesseract weapons to get blueprints for lesser derived versions of the same tech.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 06:58:41 AM »

Aww this is disappointing. I wanted to try out a Paragon with 4 Rift Torpedo Launchers and full Missile Spec skills :(
I also read the other day that they are "balancing" a new Battleship class in 0.96 so that it wont have 4 forward facing Large Missile Hardpoints but only 2 and 2 of them will face backwards. Where is the fun in that? :( The game really needs a pure missile boat. Gryphon just doesnt cut it imo as the ability it has can only be used once.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 02:34:44 AM »

Seeker mod has a ship that uses missiles exclusively.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 04:28:08 AM »

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 12:40:25 PM »

Aww this is disappointing. I wanted to try out a Paragon with 4 Rift Torpedo Launchers and full Missile Spec skills :(
I also read the other day that they are "balancing" a new Battleship class in 0.96 so that it wont have 4 forward facing Large Missile Hardpoints but only 2 and 2 of them will face backwards. Where is the fun in that? :( The game really needs a pure missile boat. Gryphon just doesnt cut it imo as the ability it has can only be used once.
Locusts, Hurricanes(?), that new pilum catapult, and probably a bunch of those fancy DEMs should work nicely on those back missile hardpoints.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 12:43:55 PM by Doctorhealsgood »
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 07:27:06 AM »

Okay I must admit I did try the Paragon out with 4 Rift Torpedo Launchers with a bit of cheating: I found and defeated the last Tesseracts so killing all 4 which cost me dearly and lost a bunch of ships. That fight is epic tbh this game is epic anyway lets move on. Of course this time they all dropped different large weapons so in my mind I was like "Okay lets say I can have up to 4 large Omega weapons of my choise at any given time". So I console command added 3 more RIft Torpedo launchers. Its fun but tbh less strong as I expected it to be. 4 Tachyon/High Intensity Laser Paragon is just better imo. I must say tho I did legitimately salvage 6 Small Antimatter Missile launchers. Man those are insane too! I could fit 4 on the Paragon as well as it sadly doesnt have more missile hardpoints. Nasty missiles those are. I like them.

arsenykos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2022, 01:31:26 PM »

Okay I must admit I did try the Paragon out with 4 Rift Torpedo Launchers with a bit of cheating: I found and defeated the last Tesseracts so killing all 4 which cost me dearly and lost a bunch of ships. That fight is epic tbh this game is epic anyway lets move on. Of course this time they all dropped different large weapons so in my mind I was like "Okay lets say I can have up to 4 large Omega weapons of my choise at any given time". So I console command added 3 more RIft Torpedo launchers. Its fun but tbh less strong as I expected it to be. 4 Tachyon/High Intensity Laser Paragon is just better imo. I must say tho I did legitimately salvage 6 Small Antimatter Missile launchers. Man those are insane too! I could fit 4 on the Paragon as well as it sadly doesnt have more missile hardpoints. Nasty missiles those are. I like them.

There is a mod that allows you get the blueprints for it
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=24466.0