Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] Too Much Information 0.98a BETA  (Read 83173 times)

sinti

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Too Much Information 0.96 BETA
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2023, 02:41:40 AM »

Hi, I'm having an issue where F2 and F3 do not cycle through equipped weapons.
Have you tried holding down those keys for at least 1-2 seconds?

I had the exact same issue, and only came up with that 'fix' by accident.

AHA! That's what I must have done by accident when I managed to cycle through them on the first try. THANK YOU! <3 This does help.

Egren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2023, 01:18:51 PM »

Wow! I recently learned of this mod and it is such a huge boon to be able to get the actual stats rather than messing around with spreadsheets. I've also been unsure exactly how various modifiers apply, like "do these two +20% bonuses stack additively (x*1.4) or multiplicatively (x*1.2*1.2). Tons of things like that, which often saw me spending way too long on the wiki (where a lot of pages are out of date) or in the simulator.   

This is a godsend.

One thing. One issue I noticed recently, and I don't know if TMI is the culprit or if it's the other mod: I noticed that hullmod Particle Accelerator from More HullMods (+30% projectile speed) seems to apply twice (a default proj speed of 1000 becomes 1690, which is equal to 1000*1.3*1.3). There aren't a lot of ways to modify proj speed, so I've yet to determine if it's just TMI displaying the wrong number or if it's really applied twice to actual ship performance. I thiiink the error is coming from MHM, but not sure, so I figured I'd mention it in both threads.

versions used:

Starsector: 0.95.1a
TMI: 0.96
MHM: 1.11.1

aka current version of both mods, both meant for Starsector 0.95.1a.

Question Mark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2023, 04:35:37 AM »

Any ETA for Starsector 0.96a update?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2023, 04:15:16 PM »

Monday, actually on my first thing to do. Actually have to look into the new methods exposed by the updated Starfarer API to give you too much more information rather than just porting it.

Question Mark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2023, 05:39:10 AM »

Monday, actually on my first thing to do. Actually have to look into the new methods exposed by the updated Starfarer API to give you too much more information rather than just porting it.

That's great to hear! I figured a mod like this could be heavily affected by the tooltip API changes that broke compatibility of many old mods, but I didn't expect improvements. Nice.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2023, 08:20:15 AM »

Wow! I recently learned of this mod and it is such a huge boon to be able to get the actual stats rather than messing around with spreadsheets. I've also been unsure exactly how various modifiers apply, like "do these two +20% bonuses stack additively (x*1.4) or multiplicatively (x*1.2*1.2). Tons of things like that, which often saw me spending way too long on the wiki (where a lot of pages are out of date) or in the simulator.   

This is a godsend.

One thing. One issue I noticed recently, and I don't know if TMI is the culprit or if it's the other mod: I noticed that hullmod Particle Accelerator from More HullMods (+30% projectile speed) seems to apply twice (a default proj speed of 1000 becomes 1690, which is equal to 1000*1.3*1.3). There aren't a lot of ways to modify proj speed, so I've yet to determine if it's just TMI displaying the wrong number or if it's really applied twice to actual ship performance. I thiiink the error is coming from MHM, but not sure, so I figured I'd mention it in both threads.

versions used:

Starsector: 0.95.1a
TMI: 0.96
MHM: 1.11.1

aka current version of both mods, both meant for Starsector 0.95.1a.
oops the error is on my side, wrong display. Will fix.

Speaking of fix,
fixing coming soon within an hour!

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2023, 10:43:31 AM »

Done! The only issue is the new API exposes some of the BehaviorSpec which I have to datamine more on how to make it data digestible to users. (i do not know if this is possible)

• Ported for 0.96
  • Added Engagement/Support Range stat to display
  • Added Average relaunch time stat to display
  • Fixed projectile speed display
  • Fixed autofire accuracy bonus
Save-game compatible

Tephrill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Too Much Information 0.97 BETA
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2023, 04:27:50 PM »

I was adding s-mod bonuses to CJHM and noticed that missile range seems messed up. A 50% reduction in the code caused a 62.5% reduction on TMI, I tried changing the code to modifyMult instead of modifyPercent and got the same result. I copied the code from ECCM Package to it for a coded 20% reduction but TMI only displayed a 4% reduction. ECCM Package correctly shows its range reduction. I tested a hullmod from unusually gullible that should increase range by 33% but ends up at a 135.2% increase (2000 to 4704).

I looked at various missiles modded and not but that didn't change any percentages.
I didn't test extensively in-game but they seem to follow the expected value not the one shown by TMI.

I'm relatively new to Starsector in general so tell me if I'm an idiot.

Starsector: 0.96a
TMI: 0.97
CJHM: 0.4.1
Unusual: 0.5

EDIT: I didn't know speed is factored in to the equation for range. However it is still messed up, it seems missile range is applied twice similarly to the previous proj speed issue but speed factoring in made it harder for me to see. Not sure why ECCM Package displays correctly however.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 11:58:17 AM by Tephrill »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2023, 01:33:48 PM »

I was adding s-mod bonuses to CJHM and noticed that missile range seems messed up. A 50% reduction in the code caused a 62.5% reduction on TMI, I tried changing the code to modifyMult instead of modifyPercent and got the same result. I copied the code from ECCM Package to it for a coded 20% reduction but TMI only displayed a 4% reduction. ECCM Package correctly shows its range reduction. I tested a hullmod from unusually gullible that should increase range by 33% but ends up at a 135.2% increase (2000 to 4704).

I looked at various missiles modded and not but that didn't change any percentages.
I didn't test extensively in-game but they seem to follow the expected value not the one shown by TMI.

I'm relatively new to Starsector in general so tell me if I'm an idiot.

Starsector: 0.96a
TMI: 0.97
CJHM: 0.4.1
Unusual: 0.5

EDIT: I didn't know speed is factored in to the equation for range. However it is still messed up, it seems missile range is applied twice similarly to the previous proj speed issue but speed factoring in made it harder for me to see. Not sure why ECCM Package displays correctly however.

I don't know how you're coding it.. I might have to see the file in reference to what you are changing.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2023, 12:40:54 AM »

I cannot play without this mod in the game now. It so amazing. Also it helped me to SEE the value of Thrusters, always gave them a pass. They are situational but I never would have considered using them without this mod. Also it helped me see a conflict in another mod, with mod hulls over writting each other or negating each other rather than being additive. Anyway, awesome mod, thank you for making and sharing it.

jrad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2023, 02:43:08 PM »

Might be a bug. On my Aurora here I have majority beam weapons Ion Beam, Graviton Beams, LR PD Laser (Beams), and it only displays 1x Ion Beam.

Never-mind, I needed to read.

https://imgur.com/a/jeOch4B
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 02:54:40 PM by jrad »

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2023, 11:51:50 PM »

Projectile speed is still borked. All changes are displayed in red with a - sign, and increases display the change as being 30% larger than the actual change in value.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Too Much Information 0.98 BETA
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2023, 05:14:19 PM »

Projectile speed is still borked. All changes are displayed in red with a - sign, and increases display the change as being 30% larger than the actual change in value.
Ooh, Alex changed that part of the code which messes up with the calculation. Thanks!

• Fixed projectile speed bug
Save-game compatible.

vaarelsauce

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2023, 01:02:20 AM »

I might be dumb, but....how exactly does one access this information panel?
(I also have Cari's Minimal UI (green) installed, if that matters/conflicts)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2023, 09:35:40 AM »

I might be dumb, but....how exactly does one access this information panel?
(I also have Cari's Minimal UI (green) installed, if that matters/conflicts)
You view it by adding them (optional) as several zero ordnance point-cost hullmods.

Alternatively, just open the 'Add' menu on the Refit screen and 'hover' the cursor over any of said hullmods.

I think that there is a 'TMI' filter in the menu for them, should be five in total.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 09:49:51 AM by TimeDiver »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4