Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Paragon in Stardeus  (Read 974 times)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Paragon in Stardeus
« on: October 12, 2022, 11:12:46 PM »

An interesting Rimworld-like take on Spaceship management.
Browsing through some screenshots I found a very familiar looking ship.

Check the trailer at 0:30.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXQdI8wAV58

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Paragon in Stardeus
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 11:18:17 AM »

The best way to get Alex's attention is to message him directly, whether via e-mail, on the forum here or on Twitter.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 12:55:12 PM »

(This came up like a year ago; IIRC the shot shown there is from a mod for that game.)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 05:00:49 PM »

Also, I think that game has free building so you could possibly build the ship from scratch if you wanted to. And I don't think that would anger Alex either
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 03:17:15 AM »

I'd imagine there was either one person who made a bunch of ships to showcase the ship building or maybe several people from the team have made ships and they just took a bunch of them at the end for the trailer. Possibly the person taking the different ships for the trailer didn't know that it was a Starsector ship. Or maybe it's an easter egg.

(This came up like a year ago; IIRC the shot shown there is from a mod for that game.)

This seems like an official kickstarter trailer. Rimworld has a spaceship mod called Save Our Ship 2 and Stardeus looks very similar to it. Someone else made an extension for that mod that adds the Hammerhead, Sunder, Aurora and Apogee as possible enemy ships. Looking it up, someone also made a Conquest in the mod. I wonder if you're thinking of that instead? The mod author also seems to know/like Starsector.

EDIT: this is also an older trailer, there is a new one now for the closed alpha which seems to have no remakes of Starsector ships.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 03:18:50 AM by Big Bee »

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 07:07:48 AM »

I mostly just thought it was cool, but yeah seeing it in an official (early) trailer gave me pause. It's always a bummer when considerations of "is this allowed?" come into people just showing their love for certain games.