Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Hostile Activity  (Read 13626 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Hostile Activity
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2022, 02:29:02 PM »

Domain drone invasion! :P

HMMM

I think it would be a pretty great event because it stands on its own and gives an early look at the mechanics of other events. Spawning probes and survey ships, drone raids on shipping, factions sending expeditions to clear them out. All stuff that comes up later when the player has their own colonies.

Heck, the faction expeditions could resolve the event themselves if the player leaves it too long - bye-bye mothership loot.
Domain invasion would be handy as another source of Ramparts (and other Derelicts if they were rebalanced to be usable at their DP costs) to recover for those with Automated Ships.

When I got my only Derelict bounty (with three Guardians) from Rayan Arroyo in my last game, I clicked the All button to recover every ship (about 20+) because I could not rely on another Derelict bounty.  (I got a Derelict bounty after finishing the unique Omega bounty.)

When I have Automated Ships (and Hull Restoration to fix the d-mods), I get hungry for AI ships to loot and haul back to base since player cannot build them.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2022, 07:51:32 AM »

Maybe Hypershunt Repair would also work as this kind of event? With more bonuses and functions from Hypershunt Taps as the event progresses.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2022, 07:02:58 AM »

This new system seems very promising, and I love it. However, I must say you might have made a very dangerous example. I can imagine modders starting to stuff everything into this system bc it is such a useful and versatile mechanism. Hostility? Event Progress! Custom campaign story? Event Progress! Modded eco system? Event Progress! The custom THE END THAT WILL KILL YOU? Event Progress!
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2022, 08:00:50 AM »

As with all things mod-related, some of us do a better job than others of designing our nonsense to play well. Can't fix problems that don't exist yet; we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Fwiw, I only have one thing per mod that I would want to interact with this system. Everything else is some combination of more basic intel events and custom interactions.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 08:02:35 AM by Harmful Mechanic »

Soban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2022, 01:15:47 PM »

Thanks for the blog update. Couple of comments/wishes for it.

1: Give the player ability to *somehow* max the security so no raids/luddic path presence will affect the system with raids. Be it very heavy security presence for example (Stacking bonuses from several security buildings/stations on couple of the system planets) for example.

This way the player could choose to sacrificise some potential building slots or income via investments into system security so they would as you said, have to play whack-a mole a lot that we do with the existing system. The dev blog proposal does not really fix it so to say, merely changes it. We still have to deal with the pirates/luddic path/empire raids/AI investigation squads. This would also mean that players would/should/could have the ability to automate making sure the Luddic Path does not come snooping around AI colonies, for example by getting good relations with them and then perhaps having a constant bribe running with some Luddic path agent. Ditto for the empires, so empire raids could be deterred via good relations as its, frankly speaking pretty dumb that they come knocking "raiding" you just because you're doing well. Either declare war or do nothing, since the player can't exactly do the same to them without suffering massive relation penalties (nor is that the wanted option of this point).

2: Let players give Military Bases mission orders.

This has probably been a very requested feature. This would directly give the player a reason to upgrade to a military base (or perhaps 2 if more military bases mean stronger system fleets in the reworked system) since they could remotely (if the system had a comm satellite) give orders for military bases to go squash out a pirate/luddic/insert baddies here base. You already pay upkeep, perhaps those "operations" could cost a little bit of dosh ontop for gas fee or something but nothing extraordinary. That way the player still has to "deal" with the hostile presence if a player has invested into system security they could micromanage it to the system Military HQ's.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]