Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Everything Recoverable (v1.1.2)  (Read 18901 times)

jujuteux

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Everything Recoverable (v1.1.2)
« on: October 11, 2022, 04:51:47 AM »

Everything Recoverable
A simple mod about making stuff salvageable
Download latest version (v1.1.2)
Nexerelin Required(for the normal/difficult recovery option)

MESS WITH BUILT-INS
AT YOUR OWN RISK

Overview
A rather simple mod designed to cater to the player, spitting in the face of anyone liking balance.
  • Features
    Ships
    • Makes every unboardable ships boardable
    • Overrides the recovery chance of any unboardable ship default: enabled
    • Overrides the recovery chance of any normal ship default: disabled
      • both options removes the chance of ships not showing in the recovery screen, see addendum.
    • Overrides the normal/difficult recovery rates default: 0.0 (base rate)
      • 0.5: 33% storypoint recovery, 66% normal recovery. 1.0: 100% normal recovery. Rates vary with salvaging skill
    • Reveals ships hidden from the codex default: enabled
    • Makes stations salvageable post-fight, and accessible in the SCVE screen default: enabled modules: disabled
      • Warning: until v1.1.2, stations recieves the ability to move around, with some reaching the frightening speed of 70su
    • Removes the station's DMods related to the colony's fleet quality, wich normally doesn't apply to the station in vanilla default: enabled
    Weapons
    • Makes un-lootable weapons lootable default: enabled
      • does not drop builtin weapons
    • Makes all weapons dropped by the enemy after battle show up in the salvage screen default: disabled
    • Spoiler
      ANTI NORMIE DISCHARGE CLOSE
      MESS WITH BUILT-INS AT YOUR OWN RISK   MESS WITH BUILT-INS AT YOUR OWN RISK   MESS WITH BUILT-INS AT YOUR OWN RISK   MESS WITH BUILT-INS AT YOUR OWN RISK
      By enabling this feature I (the user) forfeit my credibility as a sapient human being with the ability to read in the event that I report a crash log (reciept of execution failure) while having touched a builtin weapon, be it by removing it or replacing it with another weapon or placing this weapon on another ship in the last 24 (twenty-four) in-game-spent hours of having played the game

Un-buildin builtin weapons
      default: DISABLED

MESS WITH BUILT-INS AT YOUR OWN RISK   MESS WITH BUILT-INS AT YOUR OWN RISK   MESS WITH BUILT-INS AT YOUR OWN RISK   MESS WITH BUILT-INS AT YOUR OWN RISK
      [close]
    Wings
    • Makes un-lootable wings lootable default: enabled
      • does not drop builtin wings
    • Overrides the chance of a wing used by the enemy being found post salvage default: 0.15 (15%)
    • Spoiler
      ANTI NORMIE DISCHARGE CLOSE
      By enabling this feature I (the user) forfeit my credibility as a sapient human being with the ability to read in the event that I report a crash log (reciept of execution failure) while having touched a builtin wing, be it by removing it or replacing it with another wing or placing it on another ship in the last 24 (twenty-four) in-game-spent hours of having played the game

Un-buildin builtin wings
      default: DISABLED

[close]

• Key info
    • Everything is configured in the config.txt file
    • Everything is done during game launch and during loading of a save/new game, only changing hints, tags and game settings around.
      • This mod doesn't require a new game to work and will not brick your save when removing it.

• Addendum
    Ship Recovery: there is a maximum of 48 ships available to salvage post-battle, 24 in the normal recovery screen, and 24 more in the difficult recovery screen.
    The OnlyCleanRecovery fraction will then limit your maximum number of recoverable ships to 24 if you set it to 1.0, as there will not be a single affected ship that will need story points to be recovered.
    For the purpose of this mod, this shouldn't affect its efficiency given unique ships are rarely found in battles/bounties where there are so many ships the unique one isn't put in the recovery screen.

Builtin Weapons/Wings: if that option is enabled, it shouldn't be surprising to you that a good deal of them are meant to only be used by the original ship in specific slots/bays and might crash the game when the weapon/wing/ship runs a script trying to find each other.
    When enabled, builltin slots are replaced with universal slots. Make what you will of this info.

What's next?
Will change the vanilla stations' stats to be more interresting to use, might make it another mod since it would clash with the aim of the mod being to make you able to get everything as they are

Changelog
Spoiler
v1.0.0: initial release

v1.1.0: fixed stations glitching in SCVE, added the ability to salvage entire stations, changed what includeStations does, now it doesn't just show them

v1.1.1: fixed stations having DMods and made it an option

v1.1.2: fixed stations moving around
fixed OnlyCleanRecovery not working
[close]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 12:18:27 PM by Alex »

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile

OH I need a list! How many ships are unrecoverable?!

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Seems stations are recoverable, maybe, it's shown on intel screen codex!

jujuteux

• Ensign
    • View Profile

OH I need a list! How many ships are unrecoverable?!
well, to start with vanilla: the guardian and any omega ships are recoverable, along with any derelict and remnant ship as long as you don't have the automated ships skill
Seems stations are recoverable, maybe, it's shown on intel screen codex!
stations aren't, sadly. it's just the station showing part that's enabled that allows you to check them.
Even when i tried, it's actually not possible to make stations salvageable, they're taken out of the salvage list before any code can do anything.
No, removing the "STATION" hint/tag doesn't allow that either, also it breaks all stations as they don't recieve modules, meaning that if you fight one you'll just have an invincible core sticking around

V cringe i know, but one of my next mods will try to allow station editing for your colonies so it should be fun
For the time being, you only get to play around with stations in the SCVE "vanilla" refit screen, loads of fun to see how broken you can make them

jujuteux

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Alright
Thanks for banano for this one
He pointed out the hint "SHIP_WITH_MODULES" exists, and it just happens that it's exactly what i needed
with this, it allows you to:
-salvage stations
-don't bug out the scve station display
-don't bug out the campaign station fights
-and then some

as soon as i add it and update the github i'm pushing out a new update.

DerpIsGud

• Ensign
    • View Profile

OH MY GOD THIS MOD IS LITERALLY EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR SUCH A LONG TIME THANK YOU SO MUCH

one question though, does this work on modded ships with modules? i.e the UAF's Solvernia, Novaeria and the Cherry Vanguard?

jujuteux

• Ensign
    • View Profile

OH MY GOD THIS MOD IS LITERALLY EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR SUCH A LONG TIME THANK YOU SO MUCH

one question though, does this work on modded ships with modules? i.e the UAF's Solvernia, Novaeria and the Cherry Vanguard?
they should be in this version

my upcoming update will make stations salvageable so it should definitively allow ships with modules

jujuteux

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Alright, new update out

stations are now salvageable

Next update will focus on making the vanilla stations actually useable, reducing module OP to like 200 each but adding some OP to the middle bit and other stuff like how will they appear in combat, instead of the game just having a janky AI that's just told not to move so then anyone with a brain and controls can essentially move the stations around at speeds faster than most cruisers and an acceleration faster than a fighter

DerpIsGud

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just installed the new update. It's working so far but I just noticed my colonies station now has D-Mods. Is there a way to remove it?

EDIT: Okay so oddly enough, the amount of D-mods in the station seem to actually be affected by the quality that you are able to forge your colony ships. I have no clue whether or not this is due to the mod but im starting to unironically like this change

EDIT: Enemy stations are now moving like cruisers while still keeping their constant rotation. Ngl this is highly frightening and hopefully I can be able to deal with non moving stations again  :'(
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 09:12:55 AM by DerpIsGud »

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This doesn't work! And "onlyCleanRecovery":1.0 is blacked out! Still requires a story point.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 08:31:18 AM by sanya02 »

jujuteux

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just installed the new update. It's working so far but I just noticed my colonies station now has D-Mods. Is there a way to remove it?

EDIT: Okay so oddly enough, the amount of D-mods in the station seem to actually be affected by the quality that you are able to forge your colony ships. I have no clue whether or not this is due to the mod but im starting to unironically like this change

EDIT: Enemy stations are now moving like cruisers while still keeping their constant rotation. Ngl this is highly frightening and hopefully I can be able to deal with non moving stations again  :'(

Alright, i'm pushing out v1.1.1 wich fixes the DMod problem and makes it an option in the config

I will push another one in 1.1.2 that will stop the AI from moving the station around
then in 1.2.0 i will straight up override station stats with ones that makes more sense, like giving the middle node a few OPs, and around 100-250 OP per module

jujuteux

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This doesn't work! And "onlyCleanRecovery":1.0 is blacked out! Still requires a story point.

Could you tell me what fight were you in? it'd help me recreate the issue

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

You said that if onlyCleanRecovery": 1.0, no story points are needed. But after normal battles, I'm offered to restore ships for story points.

jujuteux

• Ensign
    • View Profile

You said that if onlyCleanRecovery": 1.0, no story points are needed. But after normal battles, I'm offered to restore ships for story points.

alright, it seems like it doesn't affect already existing fleets, but only ones that are created once the mod is launched

i'll make 1.1.2 have a script that updates older ships to have the required tags to follow this rule

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

When I change the value, I start a new game.
Pages: [1] 2 3