Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arthr's Faction Blender & Pirates but Epic  (Read 3957 times)

Arthr2(real)

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Arthr's Faction Blender & Pirates but Epic
« on: October 02, 2022, 09:41:09 AM »

FACTION BLENDER + PIRATES BUT EPIC
by Arthr (me 8))

DOWNLOAD:
DOWNLOAD HERE

INFO:
It all started with me just wanting to give pirates all the normal faction blueprints since as scavs and salvage enjoyers they should probably have a low chance to be armed with and crew just about anything.

But by popular demand over on the discords I also made a few more generic "enemy-randomizer" versions that generally just make the game worse.
The zip includes 5 separate single script mods of varying campaign balance destruction levels.

Pirates but Epic: gives pirates access to all visible-on-intel-screen faction ships, hullmods, weapons and wings. (mostly lore and gameplay friendly)
Pirates but Epic-er: gives pirates access to all hull/weapon/wing/hullmod specs (unique bosses and etc. included).

Faction Blender: gives visible-on-intel-screen factions access to all visible-on-intel-screen faction ships, hullmods, weapons and wings.
Faction Blender REVENGANCE: gives all factions access to all faction ships, hullmods, weapons and wings. (kinda redundant, but hey it is an option in case you want something stupid(er) but not max stupid)
Faction Blender SUPREME: gives all factions access to all hull/weapon/wing/hullmod specs (unique bosses and etc. included).

a README is included in case you forget what they do

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Arthr's Faction Blender & Pirates but Epic
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 08:38:24 AM »

Time to let the sector burn...

Ooh and also salvage super ships from the damn pirates!  ;D

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 09:22:40 AM »

Also it's quite unstable many other mods can crash this... some instantly crash on load due to collisions. But it's good for vanilla!

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 11:10:35 AM »

@Xhaldor, you might want to make a note of which mods cause the instability for the developer. They may be able to rectify the issue by inserting or removing a few lines of code that cause the instability and crash. It could be something they simply overlooked.

Arthr2(real)

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 03:16:39 PM »

Also it's quite unstable many other mods can crash this... some instantly crash on load due to collisions. But it's good for vanilla!

Yeah, I'd like to know the actual mods conflicts. Send the names of the mods that have crashed with it. Discord or here, either works.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 04:43:46 PM »

Sorry this has nothing to do with the mod but where is gods name is the capital sized shepherd from in the screenshot?

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 11:36:06 AM »

Good! Maybe with this pirates will be an actual threat by middle/late game....I kinda just treat them as free loot drops whenever I meet them.....

Allius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 09:37:17 AM »

Have tried loading the mod a few different times, always crashes. Here's the part of the log that details the crash.

1177743 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Finished sector generation
1178670 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.O0Oo$Oo.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.O0Oo$oo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.addDefaultEntryForRole(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.APE_modPlugin.AFB_blendFactions(APE_modPlugin.java:64)
   at data.scripts.APE_modPlugin.onNewGame(APE_modPlugin.java:98)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Allius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2022, 10:57:00 AM »

Did a few tests. Have found that:
-Holy Covenant of Kemet, SOMETIMES crashes it.
-P9 Colony Group, SOMETIMES crashes it.
-Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors, WILL crash it.

That's the mods on my list that crashed it. IDK about others

Arthr2(real)

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 04:19:07 PM »

Right, thanks for the help guys. I will admit I'm not fully 100% committed to this little shitpost mod but I have received enough information to have a sort of hunch where to look to make it more compatible with more mods. Expect an update within the next month maybe at worst.

Lethargic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 12:01:09 AM »

FACTION BLENDER + PIRATES BUT EPIC
by Arthr (me 8))

DOWNLOAD:
DOWNLOAD HERE

INFO:
It all started with me just wanting to give pirates all the normal faction blueprints since as scavs and salvage enjoyers they should probably have a low chance to be armed with and crew just about anything.

But by popular demand over on the discords I also made a few more generic "enemy-randomizer" versions that generally just make the game worse.
The zip includes 5 separate single script mods of varying campaign balance destruction levels.

Pirates but Epic: gives pirates access to all visible-on-intel-screen faction ships, hullmods, weapons and wings. (mostly lore and gameplay friendly)
Pirates but Epic-er: gives pirates access to all hull/weapon/wing/hullmod specs (unique bosses and etc. included).

Faction Blender: gives visible-on-intel-screen factions access to all visible-on-intel-screen faction ships, hullmods, weapons and wings.
Faction Blender REVENGANCE: gives all factions access to all faction ships, hullmods, weapons and wings. (kinda redundant, but hey it is an option in case you want something stupid(er) but not max stupid)
Faction Blender SUPREME: gives all factions access to all hull/weapon/wing/hullmod specs (unique bosses and etc. included).

a README is included in case you forget what they do
Excuse me how do you actually use it tho? there's no instruction/i can't see one. i like to try this.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2022, 02:11:02 AM »

Have you never installed a mod before?
1. Double click on your starsector icon, look at the "mods" option, after you installed them, you will have to enable them here.

2. On your desktop, right click on the starsector icon. Mouse over "open file location", left click. In the new window, look for the "mods" folder, you will have to put the downloaded mod here.

3. On the mod page, click the "Download here" link, it will download the mod, open the mod with "winrar"(by right clicking, and choosing "Extract here"), open the "Arthrs Faction Blending + Pirate Epicness", choose ONE of the folders, for example "Arthrs Pirates But Epic", drag this ONE folder to your starsector "mods" folder.

Remember to activate the mod (see step 1).

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2022, 01:19:24 PM »

Right, thanks for the help guys. I will admit I'm not fully 100% committed to this little shitpost mod but I have received enough information to have a sort of hunch where to look to make it more compatible with more mods. Expect an update within the next month maybe at worst.

Hey it's actually cool since depending on mods, new game starts will not be as interesting if you end up using all limited bp and not giving them to pirates. Speaking of that can you add pathers to the pirate part as a submod with them?

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2022, 10:09:32 AM »

Sorry this has nothing to do with the mod but where is gods name is the capital sized shepherd from in the screenshot?

His personal ship-pack. In discord.