Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.5 — Install colony item on ships!  (Read 115895 times)

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.1
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2022, 07:16:22 PM »

I'm getting some wildly inconsistent item returns on removing a hull mod.

Most of the time, removing a hull mod never returns the items. So, I played around a little and tried putting on and removing numerous hull mods.
Once in several tries, it gave me every single item back, and now I'm stuck with no items after testing since they've all been consumed.

I saw the prior message about stripping a loadout causing issues, but my tests never used the strip button. I only removed the hull mod directly.

Most of the time, removing a hull mod never returns the items. So, I played around a little and tried putting on and removing numerous hull mods.
Once in several tries, it gave me every single item back, and now I'm stuck with no items after testing since they've all been consumed.

I'm having the exact same issue and judging from other posts it's definitely a compatibility issue with other mods:

For those having this issue and that want to play the game without losing items every time they remove a hullmod go get the console command mod and just additem yourself the missing parts when refitting.
While maybe obvious to some people, I thought it could still be useful to leave this here.

Also the name of the items in the commands is just their full name with an underscore for spaces.
For example, the command for 2 x Cryoarithmetic Engine would be:
additem cryoarithmetic_engine 2

I apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to ask in what cycle did this start to happen? Anyway, I managed to fix this inconsistency in the dev version including the Strip option bug, and hopefully, it is squashed forever!

2 - Yeah, same thing with colony items. I'm cycling between a couple items here, pulling a item won't return it, but if you have a spare of the same item then you can reinstall it and the item won't be taken from your inventory. Or maybe it's pulling the new item from your inventory and finally 'removing' the old one from the ship. idk which.

Same answer from above. However, this one seemed odd, the v1.0 of the mod (old discord release) had this issue before. In any case, I also addressed this in the dev version; not only that, I added a few more layers of assurance to the deduction and refunding of items.

The next version will be a big QoL update including the two remaining colony items. Certain SHU hullmods will extend themselves to the modules when installed on a modular ship like Cathedral or Caliph. Console command, a configuration file for the toggle option, and a new feature that allows the pl*yers to edit each bonus of standard SHU hullmods, which can be disabled or enabled.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 07:23:34 PM by Mayu »

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2022, 08:50:42 PM »

rubi - For allowing me to add Gacha S-Mods support.
I think you have the attributions backwards. Thanks for putting your own spin on the random craziness that is my mod! <3

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2022, 05:28:11 AM »

Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.2 - QoL update, bug fixes, new stuff, and features.

Download here!

Is it save-compatible? Probably but it's preferable to start a new save with it.
In that way, the previous existing bugs will be completely stomped.

New addition:
 Orbital Filament Anchor
[close]

Fleet Tactical Relay
[close]

New feature - Custom Stats Mode
If you ever felt that the bonuses are lacking or it's too much then this is a feature for you. This option allows the player to edit the stats of each hullmods. It can be enabled in the sphmu_options configuration file located inside the mod folder. This is disabled by default. I highly recommend that you use notepad++ for this.

Preview

The config file.

[close]

Installation on modular ships:
Certain hullmods will extend to the ship modules if installed on a modular ship like SWP's Cathedral or UAF's Supercapitals. The installation should be done on the main module.

List of applicable hullmods:

Armament Support System (Gamma/Beta/Alpha)
Arsenal Autoforge
Arsenal Autoforge (Enhanced)
Expanded Fighter Manufactory
Flux Hypershunt
High-Throttled Weapon Torque
Nanite Swarm Cluster
Plasma-Charged Shield Emitter
Quantum Heatsink
Variable Fusion Capacitors
[close]

Changelog:
Spoiler
[General]
- Now compatible with Nexerelin's random sector.
- Added new configuration .ini file (sphmu_options) for disabling or enabling specific hullmod.
- Added a toggle option for disabling certain hullmod penalties.
- Added a toggle option for disabling incompatibilities with vanilla hullmods.
- Added console command SHUAllHullmods that lets you learn all the standard SHU hullmods (recommended to use if something weird happened).
- Further improved hullmod tooltips readability by adding a keypress feature for viewing additional information.
- Fixed the bug that indiscriminately eats up your items when you use the Strip option in the refit screen.
- Fixed the bug where if you saved a preset variant of a ship with SHU hullmods, the item gets eaten when that preset variant appears in your fleet doctrine screen.
- Fixed the inconsistent refunding and consumption of AI cores and colony items.
- Added SHU prefix to several files.
- Null checks for standard SHU and hidden Gacha hullmod's addPostDescriptionSection().
- More null checks in campaign-related scripts.
- Did I say more null checks?
- Added a new option called ~Custom Stats Mode~ that allows you to edit the stats of each standard SHU hullmods.
- Custom Stats Mode can be toggled on/off in "sphmu_options". It is disabled by default.

[Changes]
Armament Support System (Gamma/Beta/Alpha) hullmod:
- New cross-mod interaction with Yunru's Integrated AI core hullmods.
- A bonus effect will trigger if the respective AI core hullmod matches with its same type.
- When installed on a modular ship, the hullmod will extend to the modules.
- Minor bonus when installed on Armaa's strikecraft.

Arsenal Autoforge hullmod:
- Missile Autoforge (C-Nanoforge) renamed into Arsenal Autoforge.
- Adjusted ammo capacity of weapons from 10% to 20%.
- Adjusted ammo capacity of missiles from 20% to 30%.

Arsenal Autoforge (Enhanced) hullmod:
- Missile Autoforge (P-Nanoforge) was renamed into Arsenal Autoforge (Enhanced).
- Now decreases the reload time of ammo-base weapons by 30%.
- Adjusted ammo capacity of weapons from 20% to 50%.
- Adjusted ammo capacity of missiles from 40% to 100%.

Biologic Commodity Replicator hullmod:
- Now provides a fleet-wide crew and fighter crew casualties reduction by 25%. Stacks with another ship that has Biologic Commodity Replicator but has a diminishing return.

Expanded Fighter Manufactory hullmod:
- New additional effect added: Atmospheric Invasion Refit
- Each wing squadron improves the effective strength of ground operation up to the total number of marines in the fleet.

Flux Hypershunt hullmod:
- New passive system added: Flux Discharge
- When the ship's flux level is above 50%, the build-up flux can be released as a deadly discharge by venting, and this deals energy damage to nearby enemy ships.

High-Throttled Weapon Torque hullmod:

Maintenance Optimizer hullmod:
- Adjusted supply cost reduction from 40% to 50%.
- Now increases maximum peak CR by 40%.
- Now lessens the chance to suffer from weapon, engine, and critical malfunctions by 25%.
- Repair speed and CR recovery rate now affect the whole fleet when installed on a capital ship. The effect stacks with another ship that has Maintenance Optimizer and it caps at 200%.

Nanite Swarm Cluster hullmod:

Plasma-Charged Shield Emitter hullmod:
- New passive system added: Charged Acceleration
- The rising flux level energizes the shield emitter and further improves the shield deployment and turn speed.

Quantum Heatsink hullmod:
- Increased engine durability from 50% to 100%.

Synchro-Fuel Loader hullmod:
- Now reduces the fuel consumption cost of the fleet by 5%. Stacks with another ship that has Synchro-Fuel Loader hullmod in your fleet and this bonus caps at 30%.

Variable Fusion Capacitors hullmod:

[New]
Orbital Filament Anchor hullmod:
- Requires Fullerene Spool.
- Reduces supply and heavy machinery costs for survey operation.
- Increases normal salvage gain from salvage operations.
- Increases the chance of getting rare loot from salvage operations.
- Increases maximum burn speed of the slowest ship in your fleet when installed on a frigate or destroyer.

Fleet Tactical Relay hullmod:
- Fleet Commercial Interface hullmod renamed into Fleet Tactical Relay.
- Requires Dealmaker Holosuite.
- Increases command points recovery when installed on a flagship.
- Provides top speed increase for the allied ship in combat.
- Provides ECM bonus in combat.
- Now increases the maximum weapon range of your fleet in combat. Range increases depending on how many deployed ships with Fleet Tactical Relay.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 02:57:23 AM by Mayu »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2022, 06:24:40 AM »

Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.2 - QoL update, bug fixes, new stuff, and features.
Items still get eaten up except the very specific case of staying on the refit screen to remove a hullmod after adding it (which is inherently impossible for Armament Support System).

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2022, 06:32:22 AM »

Items still get eaten up except the very specific case of staying on the refit screen to remove a hullmod after adding it (which is inherently impossible for Armament Support System).

Really? Is this on a new save or not? I forgot to add a reminder.  Please start a new game if not. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I already squashed that bizarre bug, and if that still persists kindly let me know exactly how it is getting eaten up.

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.2 - New Update!
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2022, 11:10:55 AM »

I really enjoy the idea of fleet-wide bonuses on these very high-priced 'upgrades'. Thank you.

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2022, 01:08:43 PM »

Will Legio actually end doom stacks at me? I need to see my overpowered system defense forces be tested truly.  8)

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2022, 02:53:14 PM »

Is it possible that an ability toggle for the BCR's organics->organs conversion can be added?

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2022, 04:49:14 PM »

Really? Is this on a new save or not? I forgot to add a reminder.  Please start a new game if not. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I already squashed that bizarre bug, and if that still persists kindly let me know exactly how it is getting eaten up.

Ouch. Ye, it seems to work on a new save apart from OP exploit with ai cores.

I don't like the towing system which is already implemented in vanilla but not released for a reason. How about turning the mechanic around: towing cables should be installed on the slow ship and the hullmod requires a certain number of faster ships to operate (eliminating the silly situation of one cheap frigate speeding up a bulky capital)?

Love the work, the options seem well thought-out and the mods compete against each other, I was afraid of going for a no-brainer option in the beginning but there is none.

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2022, 10:06:03 PM »

rubi - For allowing me to add Gacha S-Mods support.
I think you have the attributions backwards. Thanks for putting your own spin on the random craziness that is my mod! <3

Hi rubi and you're welcome! The idea behind your mod is fun so I decided to throw more stuff into it.

I really enjoy the idea of fleet-wide bonuses on these very high-priced 'upgrades'. Thank you.

Glad you liked the changes! Hopefully, these are more worth putting in your fleet now.

Is it possible that an ability toggle for the BCR's organics->organs conversion can be added?

An ability toggle huh, I would like to limit the features within hullmods only, though I'll give it a thought.

Ouch. Ye, it seems to work on a new save apart from OP exploit with ai cores.

Love the work, the options seem well thought-out and the mods compete against each other, I was afraid of going for a no-brainer option in the beginning but there is none.

Exploit? I assumed this is from a weird mod interaction. Anyway, I'm delighted that it worked fine for you!

--

Disclaimer:
I received a report from SteelSirokos yesterday that the Field Repair skill when learned can cause inconsistent refunding and consumption of items with SHU hullmods. It turns out that this is another source of inconsistencies of which I am not aware. If you are curious about this bug then you can test it yourself by doing the following steps below.

1. Learn the Field Repair skill (vanilla).
2. Try to install any SHU hullmod. For example, Quantum Heatsink.
3. The hullmod is installed.
4. Exit the refit screen and check your inventory.
5. The item is consumed.
6. Now go back to the refit screen and remove the hullmod.
7. The item did not get refunded.
8. In some cases, if you installed a different item the previous item will be returned.

I tested it with only SHU and the required libraries including the console command mod.

The bug persists even if you load to a different save; the only way to undo it is to restart the game.

I kindly suggest that to please avoid learning the said skill until a fix is provided. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 11:18:35 PM by Mayu »

Uttrik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2022, 01:37:40 AM »

Question, I assume the Arsenal Autoforge cannot be built into the Traumtanzer for balancing reasons, but is it possible to have it somehow replace (or upgrade to keep it more lore friendly) the Traumtanzer's autoforge when installed?  And if not, would it be possible to get an option to allow it to be installed in sphmu_options?  The enhanced version of the Arsenal Autoforge literally has every stat that the Traum would want, and it makes me drool a little bit just looking at it, but also sad that it can't be installed.

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2022, 02:01:02 AM »

Good day.
A good idea for a mod, I really liked that it became possible to use unused special items (artifacts of the domain era), as well as artificial intelligence cores.

A couple of questions:
1 Are you planning to cooperate with modifications that add special items? For example with industrial evolution?
2 Are you planning to use artificial intelligence cores only with an increase in the cost of deploying a ship? It seems that the player already pays for installing the core in the ship (meaning the cost of the core itself, which will now be part of the ship). How about installing a core without increasing the cost of deploying a ship - for example when using history points to fully integrate such a modification or using only half the power of the core. Or give the player a choice of negative consequences when installing the core: "cost of deploying a ship" or "increased cost of upkeep and maintenance."

Thank you very much for the modification, it solves the problem of meaningless storage of unused items

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2022, 11:21:16 PM »

Right....installed the mod, got the quest at Tse, completed it, it said the hulls are now available for viewing, there are no new hulls in the refit screen....got some of the items, still no new hulls...is it like Exotica Technologies? Where there is a separate screen to view them, and I just can't find it?

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2022, 10:30:43 PM »

Null.PointerException crash on mousing over either Maintenance Optimizer or Synchrotron-Core Upgrades
Tested with only this mod and the required libs. Version 1.2

Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.hullmods.SUCatalyticCoreUpgrades.addPostDescriptionSection(SUCatalyticCoreUpgrades.java:195)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$12.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.super.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.whilesuper$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.whilesuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.ModPickerDialogV3.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.hullmods.SUSynchrotonCoreUpgrades.addPostDescriptionSection(SUSynchrotonCoreUpgrades.java:192)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$12.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.super.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.whilesuper$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.whilesuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.ModPickerDialogV3.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

gogochlwns

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2022, 06:50:39 AM »

The compatibility option for the Plasma-Charged Shield Emitter does not seem to work properly.

related options have been set to 'True'.

The still conflicting hull mode is automatically unmounted.

Also, CUSTOM STATS of Variable Fusion Capacitors does not apply.

Everything else is working properly, but only modifications to the VFC are not working.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 07:15:12 AM by gogochlwns »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10