Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.5 — Install colony item on ships!  (Read 115764 times)

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.1
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2022, 04:29:45 AM »

So I noticed an issue in a recent save I loaded, namely that the Special Hullmods just outright disappeared off my Flagship (particularly annoying, given it was an AI Core and a Ko Combat Replicator), any idea what could cause this? The only thing different I did recently was install an update for Industrial Evolution.

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2022, 08:39:43 AM »

You can do a hullmod: #Borer Mechanism ? Q: Losing the ships in combat with those precious colony items and AI cores are appalling. Will you remove that feature?
A: (lol)
then without special items or not removed after the explosion of the ship
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 03:56:50 PM by sanya02 »

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2022, 09:37:55 PM »

Would you consider the option of enabling (maybe via a config option) the option to use some of these hullmods on modular ships? for example, the different sections on a Cathedral-class. Or have the effects of the hullmod installed in the central module affect the entire ship.
I'll give it a thought but please don't hold your breath!

So I noticed an issue in a recent save I loaded, namely that the Special Hullmods just outright disappeared off my Flagship (particularly annoying, given it was an AI Core and a Ko Combat Replicator), any idea what could cause this? The only thing different I did recently was install an update for Industrial Evolution.
That is extremely odd... It is my first time getting this report and as of now, I have no idea what has caused that. I'll conduct more extensive testing this weekend.

You can do a hullmod: #Borer Mechanism ?
I was preemptively preparing a hullmod for salvaging if ever Alex added a colony item for the Tech-Mining industry. But it looks like he won't since slotting an Alpha Core is already enough. The intended effect will go to the Fullerene Spool hullmod next update.

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2022, 08:46:05 AM »

That is extremely odd... It is my first time getting this report and as of now, I have no idea what has caused that. I'll conduct more extensive testing this weekend.

Yeaaah, it seems to be centred on the Flagship itself, something changed between patches and suddenly I found I was missing an AI Core and a Ko Combat Replicator. If I run into it again, I'll let you know what happened.

Though I have a hunch that in Industrial Evolution's addition of consumable items, it may have re-indexed the hullmod or item list and caused the conflict (and summarily their removal). It could also be that there's a hidden hullmod limit somewhere in the game (or another mod interaction) that caused them to disappear.

My other hunch falls to Progressive S-Mods, where I recently increased the built-in hullmod capacity of my ship recently, though it's been a while so I cannot say if that caused the item removal or what, just that they were gone following a patch.

Here is my current modlist if you feel like poking through any of these for potential incompatibilities;

A New Level of Confidence - 40 - Rapid
Adjusted Sector v0.5.1
Audio Plus
Better Deserved S-Mods
Commissioned Crews
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
Diable Avionics
DIY Planets
ExiledSpace
FastEngineRendering
FleetSizeByDP
Fuel Siphoning
Grand Colonies
GraphicsLib
HexShields
Hazard Mining Inc.
Hyperdrive
Industrial Evolution3.1.b
Iron Shell
LazyLib
MagicLib
Missing ships
New Beginnings
Nexerelin
Progressive S-Mods
Quality of Life
Quality Captains
Special Hullmod Upgrades
SpeedUp
Arma Armatura
Starship Legends
Supply Forging
Tahlan Shipworks
UAF
UnknownSkies

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2022, 09:24:10 AM »

Neat idea. Since, in particular, you mentioned not having ideas for the Fullerene Spool & Dealmaker Holosuite, here, have some ideas!

Fullerene Spool: You mentioned salvaging bonuses, which seems reasonable; I'd suggest adding a tug effect as well - maybe a limited one, something like "increases burn rate & reduces fuel costs of mothballed ships"?

Dealmaker Holosuite: Command Holosuite, of course. Improved command point generation, deployment limits, and maybe some small fleet-wide bonuses if the ship is both on the field and the player flagship?

I'd also suggest having the Biofactory item grant a reduced crew casualties effect; perhaps a small fleet-wide bonus, with the vessel it's installed on serving as a hospital ship for the fleet?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2022, 04:27:36 AM »

Neat idea. Since, in particular, you mentioned not having ideas for the Fullerene Spool & Dealmaker Holosuite, here, have some ideas!

Fullerene Spool: You mentioned salvaging bonuses, which seems reasonable; I'd suggest adding a tug effect as well - maybe a limited one, something like "increases burn rate & reduces fuel costs of mothballed ships"?

Dealmaker Holosuite: Command Holosuite, of course. Improved command point generation, deployment limits, and maybe some small fleet-wide bonuses if the ship is both on the field and the player flagship?

I'd also suggest having the Biofactory item grant a reduced crew casualties effect; perhaps a small fleet-wide bonus, with the vessel it's installed on serving as a hospital ship for the fleet?
Actually Roider Union already has a hullmod on Wrecker with an effect you want - it tugs the slowest ship in the fleet by +1, provided Wrecker itself has enough burn for that. By default it's 8, so without ADF it cannot tug capital ships except Atlas MK.II or Pathfinder without milsystems/bulk trading skill.

DerpIsGud

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2022, 10:51:10 PM »

Would you consider the option of enabling (maybe via a config option) the option to use some of these hullmods on modular ships? for example, the different sections on a Cathedral-class. Or have the effects of the hullmod installed in the central module affect the entire ship.

Seconded, I would personally love an option to apply this to modular ships since I love to use different powerful upgrades like Epta's Alpha Core Integration and Progressive S-mods to push ships to absolutely ridiculous proportions and this mod seems excellent for allowing me to push it even harder :D

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2022, 06:47:23 PM »

Using the strip option in the refit screen will eat the items rather than return them.

Anyway, whats the reason for some of the specials being classified as a logistics mod? For example, the Catalyst Core.

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2022, 01:36:51 AM »

2nd'd for wishing for an option to install multiple special mods! ( why not let people have max fun! ;) )

will still download and use as is thou!

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2022, 04:49:45 AM »

Yeaaah, it seems to be centred on the Flagship itself, something changed between patches and suddenly I found I was missing an AI Core and a Ko Combat Replicator. If I run into it again, I'll let you know what happened.

Though I have a hunch that in Industrial Evolution's addition of consumable items, it may have re-indexed the hullmod or item list and caused the conflict (and summarily their removal). It could also be that there's a hidden hullmod limit somewhere in the game (or another mod interaction) that caused them to disappear.

My other hunch falls to Progressive S-Mods, where I recently increased the built-in hullmod capacity of my ship recently, though it's been a while so I cannot say if that caused the item removal or what, just that they were gone following a patch.

Hi! I did a lot of testing and unfortunately, I still can not replicate it. There's a chance that you've accidentally used the "Strip" option in the refit screen. Nonetheless, I'll keep this in mind!

Good suggestions! Next update, the Fullerene Spool will have the salvaging bonus and survey cost reduction including the ship towing effect if installed on a frigate or destroyer.

My initial plan for Dealmaker Holosuite is that it will act as a SpaceCoin™ miner that will generate credits every month. It will have a preset credit cap and it can be increased by installing more Dealmaker in your fleet. Your suggestion to make it relevant in combat is reasonable; I would love to make this happen next update!

As for the Biologic Commodity Replicator, the current Biofactory hullmod felt lackluster to have so I am definitely going to apply your idea. I might also add reduced crew casualties for fighters while I'm at it!

Seconded, I would personally love an option to apply this to modular ships since I love to use different powerful upgrades like Epta's Alpha Core Integration and Progressive S-mods to push ships to absolutely ridiculous proportions and this mod seems excellent for allowing me to push it even harder :D

I have a different approach to this, I am still figuring out how to make the installed special hullmod and AI core on the parent ship clone itself to its modules so it can also have the bonuses. No promises though!

Using the strip option in the refit screen will eat the items rather than return them.

Anyway, whats the reason for some of the specials being classified as a logistics mod? For example, the Catalyst Core.

Thank you for reporting! This is now fixed in the dev version. I cleaned up the tags and added them properly to these hullmods.

2nd'd for wishing for an option to install multiple special mods! ( why not let people have max fun! ;) )

will still download and use as is thou!

While I understand people want to have their power fantasies, I would like to stick with my vision for this mod and keep it the way I want. This means the mutual exclusivity is absolute but I can compromise to an extent that I'll be adding a toggle option to turn off certain hullmod penalties and bonuses which will be included next update.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2022, 04:52:28 PM »

Sad to see your comment about mutual exclusivity but if I might ask would you be okay with modifications for personal use?
And if yes can you tell me which part of the code that controls it?

Thanks

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2022, 03:37:08 AM »

Great mod! Too bad Alex is now going to refuse to do something like this for vanilla  :P
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

ShadowLurker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2022, 03:48:53 PM »

I'm getting some wildly inconsistent item returns on removing a hull mod.

Most of the time, removing a hull mod never returns the items. So, I played around a little and tried putting on and removing numerous hull mods.
Once in several tries, it gave me every single item back, and now I'm stuck with no items after testing since they've all been consumed.

I saw the prior message about stripping a loadout causing issues, but my tests never used the strip button. I only removed the hull mod directly.

The items were applied to my main capital ship, and I have also tried them on smaller ships.

I've waited an in-game day, hoping the logic was tied to the date, but nothing came back.

I tried Hypertap Shunts, Orbital Fusion Lamps, and Plasma Dynamos, but I imagine they'll affect every item.

Edit: As I continued playing, I noticed that I added Flux Hypershunt, but still had the Hypertap Shunt in my inventory, which is even more confusing.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 04:11:59 PM by ShadowLurker »

Raptor13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2022, 03:09:49 PM »

Most of the time, removing a hull mod never returns the items. So, I played around a little and tried putting on and removing numerous hull mods.
Once in several tries, it gave me every single item back, and now I'm stuck with no items after testing since they've all been consumed.

I'm having the exact same issue and judging from other posts it's definitely a compatibility issue with other mods:

Here is my current modlist if you feel like poking through any of these for potential incompatibilities;

For those having this issue and that want to play the game without losing items every time they remove a hullmod go get the console command mod and just additem yourself the missing parts when refitting.
While maybe obvious to some people, I thought it could still be useful to leave this here.

Also the name of the items in the commands is just their full name with an underscore for spaces.
For example, the command for 2 x Cryoarithmetic Engine would be:
additem cryoarithmetic_engine 2
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 03:12:51 PM by Raptor13 »

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2022, 08:39:35 AM »

I'm getting that vanishing items thing now - Seperate from the previous one, removing them manually this time rather than stripping the entire ship (Although in retrospect maybe the same thing is happening?) - and it turns out that the items aren't actually being deleted? Just... Not actually removed?

Only tried this with cores since I didn't have a colony item set to the ships, but I removed the core, Alphas, checked inventories, nothing. Put in another core, Beta this time since I was out of Alphas, checked inventories, and the old alpha core showed up in my inventory. Tried it again on another ship that I'd pulled the Alpha from earlier, put on a Beta, and the old Alpha popped up in my inventory.

I was actually checking something else. My first thought was that maybe it just didn't work right when refitting on owned planets? So yeah. I'd pulled the cores on my planet, thought I'd lost it, and grabbed stuff to try at a npc planet instead.

Edit - Same issue pops up on Epta.

2 - Yeah, same thing with colony items. I'm cycling between a couple items here, pulling a item won't return it, but if you have a spare of the same item then you can reinstall it and the item won't be taken from your inventory. Or maybe it's pulling the new item from your inventory and finally 'removing' the old one from the ship. idk which.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:00:13 AM by Hexxod »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10