Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crew QOL/cargo usage mod?  (Read 901 times)

turboghost9

• Ensign
  • can i get uhhhhhhh guardian class drone combat ai
    • View Profile
Crew QOL/cargo usage mod?
« on: October 01, 2022, 11:14:30 PM »

Is there a mod (or an avenue for me to commission a mod) that would allow the crews of my ships to take from my fleet's cargo? I feel really bad dumping Luxury goods and Food on deep space missions when I have 5k crew that would probably love to crack open a few cases of goods that are about to get spaced.
<33

cytokine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Crew QOL/cargo usage mod?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 01:06:57 AM »

Just asking... how would that sidestep the problem of your vessels being crammed full with stuff already? if we're talking immersion or realism. I could see why you'd want to carry provisions for your crew, like mount and blade. I enjoyed that mechanic in those games. But the mount and blade way of food variety -> higher morale wouldn't work without a morale system for the crew. And its turns trade commodities into 'supplies-2', 'supplies-3' etc.
I don't know the answer to your question btw.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 01:57:30 AM »

Maybe this?
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=24378.0

Not a mod I use personally as it seems like busywork/micromanagement for the sake of it.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 11:01:12 AM »

Is there a mod (or an avenue for me to commission a mod) that would allow the crews of my ships to take from my fleet's cargo? I feel really bad dumping Luxury goods and Food on deep space missions when I have 5k crew that would probably love to crack open a few cases of goods that are about to get spaced.
My mod has a logistics hullmod that you can install on combat ships that increases cargo on the go, so if you ever get full during exploration you can just install it but it weakens your ship quite a bit. It may not be what you want but its a bit more realistic to stick things outside yourship if your already full.

turboghost9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 02:46:56 PM »

Just asking... how would that sidestep the problem of your vessels being crammed full with stuff already? if we're talking immersion or realism. I could see why you'd want to carry provisions for your crew, like mount and blade. I enjoyed that mechanic in those games. But the mount and blade way of food variety -> higher morale wouldn't work without a morale system for the crew. And its turns trade commodities into 'supplies-2', 'supplies-3' etc.
I don't know the answer to your question btw.

Oh sorry, let me rephrase - I feel bad for making my fleet crews so frequently salvage, and then dump, perfectly good exotic foods, luxury and consumer goods, when I could be letting them crack open the cargo pods and enjoying the stuff. It's not for any practical reason, I just feel really bad for the crew. They put up with a lot.
<33

turboghost9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 08:15:24 AM »

Maybe this?
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=24378.0

Not a mod I use personally as it seems like busywork/micromanagement for the sake of it.

Not quite what I'm looking for. Guess I'll get cracking on it myself!
<33