Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Suitable Star Systems 2.2.5  (Read 26468 times)

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Suitable Star Systems 2.2.5
« on: October 01, 2022, 01:39:32 AM »

Suitable Star Systems 2.2.5

Compatibility:
Compatible with most mods
Not safe to remove from an ongoing campaign
Only works on new saves

A mod that I privately use for my Starsector campaigns.
The mod adds three star systems to different constellations near the core worlds.
The colonizable star system is overpowered and are meant to speed up the colony phase.
The other star systems are places you can farm alpha cores and [SUPER REDACTED] weapons.

The location and the star system names are procedural so you still need to explore.
The first system contains the planets to colonize as well as all unique entities.
The second system contains a planet that spawns remnant fleets.
The third system contains a planet that spawns omega fleets.

Previews
Click the image to enlarge

[close]
Secrets
For the omega system, you need the planet killer and then use it on the planet to make omega fleets start spawning.
(The mini-quest can be overridden in the settings.json file found in the modname/data/config. So you don't need the planet killer and the omega fleets will immediately spawn. Can be enabled and disabled any time)
[close]

If you have any suggestions or even problems with the mod just comment them.

Credits
Wispborne - for the starsector intellij mod template and the github action script.
starsector community - for many resources in regard to modding and spriting.
Alex and Co - for making a great game and community.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 12:52:21 AM by Audax »

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Suitable Star Systems 1.1.0
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 02:37:54 AM »

[Reserved]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 10:43:55 AM by Audax »

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Suitable Star Systems 1.3.0
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 12:35:59 PM »

Update mod for 0.96a

Redesigned all 3 systems, maximized there profitability and added version files.

Just wanted to make my life easier when playing the game and shorten the length of each playthrough I do. TY.

SCMDR_Aramantha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 06:20:55 AM »

Hi, I tried your mod and its really good, saved time that I would have wasted searching for a good colony site.

I have a question though, why not make a single trinary or double binary star system with cryosleeper+hypershunt and all the good planets? Saves on fuel and eliminates the risk of either cryosleeper or hypershunt not covering the other 2 systems. (This happened to me unfortunately, hypershunt couldn't reach cryosleeper system.)

Still its a good mod

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 10:10:22 PM »

Hi, I tried your mod and its really good, saved time that I would have wasted searching for a good colony site.

I have a question though, why not make a single trinary or double binary star system with cryosleeper+hypershunt and all the good planets? Saves on fuel and eliminates the risk of either cryosleeper or hypershunt not covering the other 2 systems. (This happened to me unfortunately, hypershunt couldn't reach cryosleeper system.)

Still its a good mod
Never really thought of combining all systems in to one at the time as I was practicing modding and such. Some unique structure not reaching the other systems is the byproduct on how I did the random generation of the systems. Also I wanted a place to farm alpha AI cores that is why 3 systems exists as I only usually just capture one or two of em specifically the one with the gate.

Maybe in the future I will update it, as I only capture one system, maybe a system dedicated to remnants for farming AI cores and a hidden system for spawning omega ships for farming there weapons.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 05:27:14 AM by Audax »

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2023, 09:55:35 PM »

Good day Audax im sorry if im rude when are you gonna update this mod when will you finish your another mod? Or Will you update this mod in the next update? Thank you.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 10:36:49 PM by Gris »

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 06:34:35 PM »

Good day Audax im sorry if im rude when are you gonna update this mod when will you finish your another mod? Or Will you update this mod in the next update? Thank you.  :-\
My other mod is already finished, I am already updating this mod and applying my changes. Should be finish in a week if I am not lazy.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 11:29:37 PM »

My other mod is already finished, I am already updating this mod and applying my changes. Should be finish in a week if I am not lazy.

Ok thanks!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 04:11:18 AM by Gris »

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Suitable Star Systems 2.2.0
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2023, 02:34:05 PM »

Major update! Updated all systems content, the first system contains the planets to colonize as well as all unique entities, the second system contains a planet that spawns remnant fleets, and the third system contains a planet that spawns omega fleets.

Third system planet has a hidden quest that allows omega fleets to spawn. Hidden quest can be overridden in settings.json so you don't have to do it at all and will make omega fleets spawn immediately

Refer to the changelog button below for the full list:

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 11:01:49 PM »

Thank you very much for this and should be featured in the mod index! Finally a vanilla endgame content mod where i can farm [SUPER REDACTED] weapons. My Question is can we farm all their weapons ?  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 02:33:25 AM by Gris »

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2023, 05:50:09 AM »

Thank you very much for this and should be featured in the mod index! Finally a vanilla endgame content mod where i can farm [SUPER REDACTED] weapons. My Question is can we farm all their weapons ?  ;D

Yes you can farm all of the vanilla [SUPER REDACTED] weapons. Not sure about modded [SUPER REDACTED] weapons as I only added ship variants that exists in vanilla.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Suitable Star Systems 2.2.1
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 10:57:49 PM »

Are you still planning to update this mod if the developers in this game are planning to add capital [SUPER REDACTED] in the next update? Thank you.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2023, 05:31:02 AM »

Are you still planning to update this mod if the developers in this game are planning to add capital [SUPER REDACTED] in the next update? Thank you.

Of course, more varied fleet variations would be nice.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2023, 11:59:30 PM »

Of course, more varied fleet variations would be nice.

Ok thanks!

peanutbatter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2023, 09:55:52 AM »

Um hey, I wanna ask something. I can't seem to get my world to generate with this mod enabled because of this:

"375249 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["omegaPlanetQuestOverride"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["omegaPlanetQuestOverride"] not found."

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the files?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5