Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Raids - Disrupting Commerce increases stability  (Read 520 times)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Raids - Disrupting Commerce increases stability
« on: September 28, 2022, 08:49:58 AM »

I found this one quite funny.

Commerce has a flat stability penalty of -3. So what happens when you take 1000 marines and disrupt Commerce:

Spoiler
[close]

The Commerce penalty (-3) is removed and replaced with the Raid penalty (-1) so the colony is effectively at +2 stability!

And after 3 months that raid penalty decays, assuming Commerce is still disrupted you're at +3 stability until normal operations resumes!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Raids - Disrupting Commerce increases stability
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 09:09:14 AM »

(Ha, interesting, and pretty amusing! But extremely not a bug, moving this thread to Suggestions.)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 12:48:28 AM »

(Ha, interesting, and pretty amusing! But extremely not a bug, moving this thread to Suggestions.)
Can we make it -1 Stability but randomize the bonus each month?
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 05:27:01 AM »

How about -1 stability and nerf the Dealmaker.  Commerce is not worth building and using for income purposes using unless player has the Dealmaker (or maybe after core worlds have been wiped out).

-1 stability would also give some core worlds with Commerce more stability to withstand bad events.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 05:30:11 AM by Megas »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 08:32:03 AM »

How about -1 stability and nerf the Dealmaker.  Commerce is not worth building and using for income purposes using unless player has the Dealmaker (or maybe after core worlds have been wiped out).

-1 stability would also give some core worlds with Commerce more stability to withstand bad events.

The -3 Penalty comes from the commerce industry itself, not the dealmaker. But I think I get what you meant, how about:

Commerce: -1 Stability, +25% colony income
Dealmaker: -2 Stability, +50% colony income (alternatively -1 Stability, +25% colony income)
Improve commerce (SP): +25% colony income

And you have the -1 Stability from commerce apply even when the industry is disrupted; the reason being that the traders are still there trading but the central authority that gathers the taxes (colony income) is no longer able to do their job.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 08:34:34 AM by Great Wound »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 08:42:13 AM »

The -3 Penalty comes from the commerce industry itself, not the dealmaker. But I think I get what you meant, how about:
I know.  My suggestion was reduce the penalty from -3 to -1.  Commerce seems to be balanced on the assumption that the player will get a Dealmaker and use it.  So, nerf the Dealmaker to say... +25%.  That way, Commerce is more useful for those who do not use Dealmakers and make core worlds with Commerce less prone to getting 0 stability from pirate activity or other destabilizers.

Without Dealmaker, assuming I did not wipe the core worlds, I am better off building another industry on a planet or even building a sixth colony and eating a -2 mismanagement penalty on some planets instead of eating -3 stability and -1 industry slot from Commerce (since Commerce takes a slot).

+25% income from stock Commerce (combined with other drawbacks) is a joke.  Up to +50% income from improvement is okay, except that gets into the 2^n madness when I want more improvements elsewhere.

P.S.  I guess Dealmaker giving +50% income and lowering stability more (for classic -3 total) could work too.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 09:02:03 AM by Megas »