Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Why am i profitably exporting for 0$?  (Read 1016 times)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
Why am i profitably exporting for 0$?
« on: September 26, 2022, 11:37:25 PM »

this colony is making no money, and while i dont have a ton of exports, supposedly i am sending out heavy armaments and machinery. for 0$. if i drop an admin with +1 to output i get export income, albeit too little to even pay his wages. i do have a mod installed that adds extra planetary features, and on this one i have an 'underground network' that locks hazard to 100%, might that be screwing things up? mod seems to work great everywhere else

Spoiler
[close]

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Why am i profitably exporting for 0$?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 11:44:08 PM »

Income is multiplied by market share, and since you have 0% share from that colony it generates no income.
When you add the guy with IP that gives you an extra product to export which pushes your share up so your income is no longer multiplied by zero, but by a small number.

The more stuff you make in the same place, the bigger the slice of the market you control, the more money you get from both selling the goods AND the higher the multiplier applied to that income.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 12:38:55 AM »

explains it, i suppose. seems like a wonky way of doing it though, since it can lead to this. exporting things for nothing

Balmung60

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 06:47:47 AM »

Perhaps market share should be calculated by the tenth or hundredth of a percent, rather than by the percentage point

Acro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 01:02:59 AM »

Another thing that affects the income multiplier is stability. I think 5 stability should have 100% income multiplier. Anything below will be a 20% reduction. You can see you income multiplier by hovering your mouse over the income.

It should look something like this:

0 stability - 0% income
1 stability - 20% income
2 stability - 40%income
3 stability - 60% income
4 stability - 80% income
5 stability - 100% income

I also found having a higher stability gives up to an 50% bonus although I'm not certain on the intervals and don't want to make assumptions.