Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't find mission destination  (Read 222 times)

CMP01

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Can't find mission destination
« on: September 26, 2022, 10:06:51 AM »

Hi,

So maybe it's me being dumb, I dunno. Tbh this game/genre is a new one for me and I only got it last night.

Anyway, early game... I made contact with the guy at the Pirate station in Ancyra. Next mission, go past the gas giant and scan etc. I got a jump point? up and left of the system with two pirate fleets hanging around and my course is locked to it, when I got there it does nothing. But the Intel screen shows a new pinkish coloured icon (where I should be going) up and right of the system. Much confuse ensues. I went up there to look and nothing. When I click on it I get course locked to the point with the pirates. Back to that jump point I killed off the pirates to see if any change (the mission giver said there'd be automated defences but maybe that got changed etc) and still nothing. Anyway, lost most of my supplies floating around so might have to restart but is this a bug, me being dumb etc? Like I say, new kind of game for me. Harder to play mangling my fingers around WSAD, shift and number keys (not usually a kb/m player to this extent) but very good and promising all the same. Reminds me of Starpoint Gemini Warlords tbh.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find mission destination
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 05:41:42 PM »

Hi - if you read the mission description, it should tell you that the probe you're looking for is out beyond the orbit of the gas giant, Pontus. If you open up the map, you should be able to see where that gas giant is (the direction will depend on where it is in its orbit of the star), and then go out past it to find the probe, using the Active Sensor Burst ability to help you locate it once you're in the right general area.