Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CampaignEngine converter-type[2] error?  (Read 260 times)

Rashpoint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
CampaignEngine converter-type[2] error?
« on: September 26, 2022, 04:05:08 AM »

Hi!

Sorry for bothering, as I really dont know if this problem is worth starting entirely new topic - if it is not, let me know, and I will simply delete it.

Anyway, to the problem.

My first time playing Starsector was back in 2019. Naturally, after exploring the vanilla game a bit, I decided to install few mods. One of them was called High Tech Armada ver. 0.7.1d.

I took a break from the game for 3 years, and just recently I wanted to try the new story content, so I started new game, played for week or so before realizing that I have to patch the game first ( I am probably the dumbest person on this planet, I know and I got way too used to autoupdaters).

I patched the game and then went on to patch the mods. Here lies the core issue. High Tech Armada ver. 0.7.1d does not exist anymore, and thus I am unable to simply download newer version. Author decided to split the assets and name it Pulse Industry. I got in touch with him, however helpful he was, he ultimately has no way of helping me, as the old mod was mix of assets from two authors, and I have yet to hear from the other author.

I went on and modified the High Tech Armada .json file to match the game version in hopes that it will solve the issue. I know it is not the perfect way to do it and that the mod will probably be extremely unstable. Anyway, the game throws me following error while loading up the game (see attached text file).

Is there any workaround to this problem? I know it would be probably easier to simply start a fresh game and play without the mod; however I already sank a lot of hours into my current playthrough and I really do not want to explore all 300 worlds for pristine nanoforge again (altough it would be extremely valuable lesson for me to patch my games regularly).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: CampaignEngine converter-type[2] error?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 06:33:06 AM »

Hi - ah, my apologies! Even if you're able to successfully update the mod, the problem is that major releases are not save-compatible with each other - just too many things change for that to really be viable.

Rashpoint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 12:22:57 PM »

Hi - ah, my apologies! Even if you're able to successfully update the mod, the problem is that major releases are not save-compatible with each other - just too many things change for that to really be viable.

Aw f***. Well, this is really on me for not checking this info first.

Nevertheless, thank you for the fast reply! It just means I get to enjoy Starsector for longer (albeit, I am not looking forward to search for pristine nanoforge again :'D).

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 12:31:20 PM »

Thank you for understanding :)