Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Hullmod Codex, anniversary edition  (Read 262 times)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Hullmod Codex, anniversary edition
« on: September 25, 2022, 12:15:07 PM »

Every few years someone has to bring this up, it is THE LAW.

This time its my turn.

As we don't have access to all the Hull Mods from the start it would be nice to add them to the codex. Even as a seasoned player I had to think about what some of them do and new players won't stand a chance. It's not nice to skill all the way to get some hullmod, only to find out it's not what you were looking for.

Good point. I'll have to do that.

Can you make it for the 10-year anniversary of the first suggestion I could find, Alex?  ;)
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Hullmod Codex, anniversary edition
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 12:21:53 PM »

The amount of pressure this post will generate is enough to generate a twitter update post from Alex in <24 hours.

On a serious side, from what I know, Codex hasn't been touched in ages since there's supposed to be a complete rework (retouch?) of it some day. So that's probably why it isn't implemented yet. Don't mistake my response as a way to give an excuse, I've been asking about the Codex touch up for ages, the answer usually being "when I get to it". Which is fair, game should first have the story and end game content, then fluff and extra features.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Re: Hullmod Codex, anniversary edition
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 12:36:20 PM »

Its something I've been wanting for as long as I've been playing, and I did ask about it not long after in 2013, so I've learned patience  8)
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.