Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finding Coureuse Diplomacy Bug  (Read 704 times)

Samurai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Finding Coureuse Diplomacy Bug
« on: September 23, 2022, 07:25:25 PM »

Trying to Complete the Academy quests, with finding Coureuse as my last one, I went with the diplomatic route (thought it would be easier) followed the quest line till Isirah, time to collect the evidence, I talked to the technician with the ghost stories, well skipped through dialogue options, then I talked to the archon noticed the word pirate, went to the pirate station and bribed the boss, got my first evidence point, then went down to the abandoned station assuming that's where the other one would be but only given the option to leave, looked about for a fair while then searched the quest line, apparently with the diplomatic route you're supposed to gain the first bit of evidence from Siyavong and now I'm stuck with no gates for this save, as I remembered when first entering Isirah I hadn't saved for a while and pressed F5, with no way to go back to an earlier save I'm guessing this is me stuck, tried to go back to academy to change to exploration but I'm too far in and they know that I know her location.

Long story short, Finding Coureuse Quest is bugged when going the diplomatic route, as Siyavong doesn't give the evidence required to confront Arkon + the abandoned station doesn't have any interaction (after talking to tech) + Bribed Pirate evidence acquired

In case I'm stupid and missed something please shout it at me, I've lost the plot trying to get this to work.

Mods used (incase they have caused the issue) : Arsenal Expansion, Better colonies,DIY planets, Grand Colonies, Hegemony Expeditionary... ,  High tech expansion, Industrial Evolution, LTA, lazyLib, MagicLib, Nexerelin, stop gap measures, tahlan ShipWorks, Unknown Skies, Varya's ships pack

Samurai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Coureuse Diplomacy Bug
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 07:50:21 PM »

Temp Fix, Managed to go back a save by deleting the campaign file in my saves and making the BAK file my main one, lost a couple of hours but better than everything

No clue what the issue of that bug is, but my save is now at extracting the dude from the blacksite, so I'll be going the exploration route and avoiding the diplomacy one entirely
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 07:52:51 PM by Samurai »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 07:53:16 PM »

You can go to the comm station in the system and hack into it when there's no other fleets nearby to witness you. That'll get you your second piece of evidence.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 07:55:09 PM »

From the wiki guide (that I wrote):

The player can travel to the League-held Laicaille Habitat to ask about Coureuse, but the local archon stonewalls the player. Evidence is needed to crack the archon and force them to talk, comprising any two of the following:

• Getting the Isirah directions from Siyavong in the previous diplomacy route will provide a (fake but usable) recording of communications between Coureuse and Pharoh.
  • Hack the local comm relay to find evidence of Pather infiltration.
  • "Ask the technicians what's going on" at the Laicaille bar, or have found the probes in the exploration route. Then examine Groombridge Habitat (abandoned station) to find a hypercommunication relay.
  • Go to Kapetyn Starworks (the pirate station) and bribe the administrator (designated "boss") on the comm directory, for intel on a League intelligence operation on Laicaille Habitat.
If Groombridge doesn't have any options after talking to the technicians, that sounds like some mod breaking the station interaction. Although I don't know whether any of the ones you listed would do it, maybe DIY Planets?

Samurai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 04:20:20 AM »

I forget to mention I had also done the comms relay as well, I hadn't mentioned it because I thought it would give the same evidence as the one received from the pirates. It's as if as soon as I should've collected two pieces all other ways to get evidence ended.