Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Troubleshooting: inventory quick window wont show up  (Read 402 times)

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Troubleshooting: inventory quick window wont show up
« on: September 22, 2022, 02:22:25 PM »

For more context: My game has recently stopped displaying the little info boxes you get from hovering over an item in your cargo, and hitting F1 to bring up market data for commodities doesnt show anything either. This problem started yesterday and ive uninstalled all my mods to see if they were an issue, but its still a persistent problem with the game, even with a fresh install and im about out of ideas as to how I can fix it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting: inventory quick window wont show up
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 07:42:35 AM »

Hmm. You've mentioned "market data" specifically - you're aware that this requires a functional comm relay in the star system, right? The tooltip mentions this. But I'm not sure if you mean this specifically or if the whole tooltip is just not showing up for some reason.

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 12:06:36 PM »

The whole tool tip is not showing up even with a system that has a com relay. I ran a fresh install game to see if it would work and nothing would pop up if I hovered my mouse or hit the F1 key while scrolling over it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

Oh, an idea! ... did the tooltip delay somehow get set real high? It's in the Settings menu, the default value is 0.3, but it goes all the way up to 5 seconds.

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 06:40:24 PM »

Oh, it works now! It was set to 5 seconds for some reason, though I dont remember setting it to be that high, or fiddling with the setting really. Thanks Alex.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 06:42:53 PM by Salter »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 07:57:47 PM »

Whew, glad that was it!