Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: are timid captains supposed to never fight whatsoever  (Read 982 times)

spazza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
are timid captains supposed to never fight whatsoever
« on: September 21, 2022, 05:11:20 PM »

i put my timid captain with 5 abilities in a ship and she *** runs every single battle no matter the odds

spazza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: are timid captains supposed to never fight whatsoever
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 05:13:23 PM »

i am new player and i even retrained this worthless sunovabitch to be cautious instead but after deployment WITHOUT FAIL they just turn the ship around and retreat, absolutely useless

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 05:22:56 PM »

Ships should not retreat off the battle map without orders. If that is happening it must be some mod thing you have on.

Timid captains are mostly useless. They try to stay far away from the enemy.

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 05:25:10 PM »

Timid ships are going to stay out of enemy range whenever possible. Their utility is extremely limited, and you should just avoid them. Cautious officers can be useful on long range ships, but for more general combat vessels you're looking for steady/aggressive officers. Reckless will get itself killed unless your fleet is designed for it.
TL;DR deez nuts

spazza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 05:37:02 PM »

Timid ships are going to stay out of enemy range whenever possible. Their utility is extremely limited, and you should just avoid them. Cautious officers can be useful on long range ships, but for more general combat vessels you're looking for steady/aggressive officers. Reckless will get itself killed unless your fleet is designed for it.

say if i had realistic combat which enlarges weapon range, would timid captains completely try to stay out of range and therefore go off the bottom of the map?